New PowerBooks tomorrow.

1383940414244»

Comments

• Reply 861 of 873
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

I don't know what the chances are for tomorrow...but I think the chances for sometime this week are good.

I concur.
  • Reply 862 of 873
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Apple has released products on days other than Tuesdays. The last revision of the 15-inch PowerBook was done on a Wednesday. That's right! Wednesday, November 6th, as a matter of fact. It was supposed to be the 5th, but that day was Election Day, bad PR so they bumped it up a day to Wednesday. The previous revision prior to that was done on a Monday morning, along with the debut of the eMac.

Also, Think Secret, which is very accurate, said:

Quote:

It's unclear when Apple plans to announce the upgrades, but one Apple retail source said the new 15-inch and 17-inch models are expected to arrive later this week.

Key wording there being "later this week."

Please don't get your hopes up, folks!

Think Secret nailed the iPod details before it came out, nailed the update to the last rev of the iBook, and details surrouding Mac OS X updates, and the iTMS. If you want to look back in the archives of Think Secret just to get the gist of how pretty accurate they are, only then will you have faith that new PowerBooks are very near!
  • Reply 863 of 873
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Tomorrow would be awesome, but I expect absolutely nothing. I am no longer happy until I can buy a PBook because I wanted it for school.
  • Reply 864 of 873
    onitonit Posts: 44member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Apple has released products on days other than Tuesdays. The last revision of the 15-inch PowerBook was done on a Wednesday. That's right! Wednesday, November 6th, as a matter of fact. It was supposed to be the 5th, but that day was Election Day, bad PR so they bumped it up a day to Wednesday. The previous revision prior to that was done on a Monday morning, along with the debut of the eMac.

Also, Think Secret, which is very accurate, said:

Key wording there being "later this week."

Please don't get your hopes up, folks!

Think Secret nailed the iPod details before it came out, nailed the update to the last rev of the iBook, and details surrouding Mac OS X updates, and the iTMS. If you want to look back in the archives of Think Secret just to get the gist of how pretty accurate they are, only then will you have faith that new PowerBooks are very near!

Your post was worth your copy n' pasting from macforums in that it was worth your repeating Think Secret is better than must sites. But we should remember even though Think Secret got the date of the last 15ti announcement right they were dead wrong in saying bluetooth was a shoe-in and a superdrive wasn't. Also they got blindsided along with every other site by the 12 and 17 inchers' January announcements.

Whatever - I think the 15 will be updated this week but if anybody (eg Powerpage) speculated on specs, I wouldn't trust 'em.
  • Reply 865 of 873
    taliesintaliesin Posts: 117member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alexander

Does anyone else find it strangely apropos that this topic was started by soulcrusher?

...crushing souls for over a month and a half...

Not to mention his being strangely silent thru all of this......
  • Reply 866 of 873
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onit

Also they got blindsided along with every other site by the 12 and 17 inchers' January announcements.

Macrumors had the scoop several hours before the release, but that's neither here nor there.

Quote:

It's unclear when Apple plans to announce the upgrades, but one Apple retail source said the new 15-inch and 17-inch models are expected to arrive later this week.

Anyone else find the nature of the source slightly odd?
  • Reply 867 of 873

patiently waiting...

patiently waitin...u

patiently waiti...un

patiently wait...und

patiently wai...unde

patiently wa...unden

patiently w...undeni

patiently ...undenia

patientl ...undeniab

patient ...undeniabl

patien ...undeniably

patie ...undeniably

pati ...undeniably i

pat ...undeniably in

pa ...undeniably ins

p ...undeniably insa

...undeniably insan

...undeniably insane

..undeniably insane.

.undeniably insane..

undeniably insane...

• Reply 868 of 873
    Look at this: Link,holy crap, the link

This is also the guy that dose Macwhispers.

"Well, now your G4 (or PPC 970) Powerbook can run just as cool as it looks"
  • Reply 869 of 873
    For what it's worth my local apple store got a whole bunch of current 15" laptops in this morning (Wednesday) after an Apple created hiatus. Opinion was that new versions might be due by timelines but there is no word and no new discoutn being given to get rid of what might soon be superceded stock.

Jason - Sydney
  • Reply 870 of 873
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    Must you be educated about this "gentleman" who pawns his junk and spreads bogus information?

One word: MacTable.

Happy hunting.
  • Reply 871 of 873
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

Must you be educated about this "gentleman" who pawns his junk and spreads bogus information?

One word: MacTable.

Happy hunting.

Reminds me of the guy a couple years ago that put G5 as a requirement on some of his software so that he could get site hits, slickjack is about the same.
  • Reply 872 of 873
    this beast has gone long enough.

someone go make the perpetual new PowerBooks tomorrow thread, or something.

and no more talking about paul scates' posting habits, or that moron @ macwhispers.