Does your local mac dealer have a G5?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 153
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Apple store in Chicago on Michigan avenue has them. But can't go see them yet :-( It ruined my day. Tomorrow...tomorrow will be better.
  • Reply 22 of 153
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    The Northshore store has them in today.
  • Reply 23 of 153
    multimediamultimedia Posts: 1,035member
    Palo Alto and Santa Clara CA Apple Stores still do not have them in. Stanford University store has them but no demo and they will only sell to Stanford students, staff and faculty.
  • Reply 24 of 153
    Wed noon

No G5's in any LA stores.
  • Reply 25 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Where is Northshore Store? City and State please.
  • Reply 26 of 153
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Multimedia

Where is Northshore Store? City and State please.

Go to Apple.com. Type Northshore in the search window.
  • Reply 27 of 153
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    None in Houston as of 3:30pm CST.

Maybe tomorrow. \
  • Reply 28 of 153
    Quote:

Apple shipped them to stores on Sunday, and they should arrive in most stores mid-week.

my local Apple Store [ Northridge, CA ] keeps saying end of month and is starting to really pi** me off....

i hope they are just saying that to throw the CROWD off!!

i want to see one in person, fondle [i mean touch] it, see some benchmarks for the 1.6 and 1.8, then i will probably wait till Panther is default OS and get one then...

hopefully that should be in a month or two so i can save some money.... i just blew what i had on my new Scion xB!

http://homepage.mac.com/yanges/yange...otoAlbum7.html
  • Reply 29 of 153
    Quote:

they will only sell to Stanford students, staff and faculty.

And what makes them so special?

I make a comitment via online order and some Stanford yuppies can just waltz in the store and buy one.

WTF???
  • Reply 30 of 153
    Quote:

Thanks Placebo!

i can not make it till Saturday, but i will be there first thing Saturday morning and maybe beat the crowd...

• Reply 31 of 153
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

I make a comitment via online order and some Stanford yuppies can just waltz in the store and buy one.

WTF???

Pretty standard practice for campus computer stores. Most will only sell hardware to their own students. Although I have seen them make an exception before, this exception still was for another university's student with a valid ID.
  • Reply 32 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

Pretty standard practice for campus computer stores. Most will only sell hardware to their own students. Although I have seen them make an exception before, this exception still was for another university's student with a valid ID.

What I was saying is WHY do they get to buy a machine NOW while I have to wait since June 30 to get mine.

Apple needs to take care of their online customers first if anything. Not some Stanford Yuppie.
  • Reply 33 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by yanges

Thanks Placebo!

i can not make it till Saturday, but i will be there first thing Saturday morning and maybe beat the crowd...

...in 'limited quantities'.

And they only have 1.6 models. The guy at the store said that the 1.8 models would be arriving about a week later, and that would be the 25th or so. There's some kind of service that the guy showed me where you can 'reserve' a model at the physical store. I do not know how to get to that site, but basically it asks you to provide your email/phone and the model you're intrested in.
  • Reply 34 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by yanges

Thanks Placebo!

Northshore Apple Store

210 Andover Street

Peabody, MA 01960

Thanks for your HELP.
  • Reply 35 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by Multimedia

Northshore Apple Store

210 Andover Street

Peabody, MA 01960

Thanks for your HELP.

I wonder if a riot control team is in order.
  • Reply 36 of 153
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Well, the Apple Store in Austin, TX doesn't have them. Wait... There IS no Austin Apple Store!

Can we get someone on that problem for me?

CV
  • Reply 37 of 153
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

Well, the Apple Store in Austin, TX doesn't have them. Wait... There IS no Austin Apple Store!

Can we get someone on that problem for me?

CV

How about we set up something like a lemonade stand for Macs? IT COULD WORK.
  • Reply 38 of 153
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

How about we set up something like a lemonade stand for Macs? IT COULD WORK.

ANYTHING would be better than Chump USA. They've had the same damaged (I mean badly!-- The screen has practically been bent off the hinge) TiBook on display for over a year. Took 'em six months to put a 12 in. AI book on the floor-- still no 17...

I'm thinking Lemonade stand sounds quite superior...

CV
  • Reply 39 of 153
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

WTF???

User your brain, dude. It's not special treatment. They aren't getting a special allotment because they're 'Stanford yuppies'

It just means that university stores sell to a smaller customer base and thus have fewer backorders to fill. I did the exact same thing at The Scholar's Workstation my freshman year at Cal. I walked into the store on August 17, 1998 and walked out with a brand new iMac without so much as preordering or calling ahead. The machine had been released for two days already and they still had a few left. I guess that makes Cal students yuppies too.

EDIT: Also note Stanford has <7000 undergraduates and doesn't begin its Fall quarter until September 30. There's nobody there right now.
  • Reply 40 of 153
    Northshore store does not have them yet.