Aaaah! iCal kicks my @ss!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I try to use iCal, but it won't cooperate with me. I am very sorry to say I prefer using Outlook at work *shudder*

Would someone please tell me what the secret is to opening an appointment once you have created it? Sometimes double clicking on it seems to work, but most of the time, the appointment refuses to open. Grrrr!

Thank you!

PS At the top of my page right now is a banner-ad for a free lousy Nokia 3595 at AT&T. Don't fall for their cheap phone give away! Get yourself something nicer like a Nokia 3650 or whatever floats your boat! They're all free on Amazon.com! Same AT&T service, just a better free phone!

(I feel it necessary to tell everyone about this terrific offer. )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SuperGrover

I try to use iCal, but it won't cooperate with me. I am very sorry to say I prefer using Outlook at work *shudder*

Would someone please tell me what the secret is to opening an appointment once you have created it? Sometimes double clicking on it seems to work, but most of the time, the appointment refuses to open. Grrrr!

If you double click on the dot on the left of the text that will open up the appointment, if you click on the text it's in text editing mode without having to type into the Inspector Box. If you have the Inspector Box open (Window -> Inspector) you only need to click on an appointment once to edit it.

Is that what you meant?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Oh, I didn't know about Inspector Mode. I will try that.

I could figure out to click on the dots for the daily appointments, it is the long-term appointments that don't have dots that I was having trouble with. And long-term appointments are what I'm mainly using iCal for... so it's been a mild headache.

Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    dnisbetdnisbet Posts: 201member
    yeah, I don't think iCal is all that good for looking too far into the future it takes ages to get a few months ahead because there's no direct way of getting to a specified date (apart from today, "Calendar - Go To Today") apart from that iCal works pretty well with the calendar on my phone and that's what counts for me.