Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse - Confirmed

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2003/...21115836.shtml

Quote:

However -- if you attempt to use the new Panther build's Bluetooth keyboard and mouse functionality, you are given these error messages (if you don't have the proper bluetooth hardware):

"If you are using an Apple Wireless Mouse, slide the cover on the bottom of the mouse to expose the LED"

"If you are using an Apple Wireless Keyboard, move the switch on the back of the keyboard towards the LED"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 56
    Whoa!

I DON'T CARE ABOUT WIRELESS, APPLE! Give me a power button on the keyboard and a scrool-wheel/second button for the mouse!

But, hmm? they might be included. We'll soon see.
  • Reply 2 of 56
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Now THIS is rumor and info I can get behind and enjoy!

Straight, to-the-point AND backed with some EVIDENCE (unlike EVERY single 15" PowerBook rumor at this - and every other - site).

Also, I guess these products can't be released until Panther is, right?

Why does it suddenly seem like next month in Paris might be a more satisfying Expo than we'd hoped for?

Possibilities: Panther and new keyboard and mouse. No? Okay, then PowerBooks. No? What about iTunes and the Music Store for Windows, then?

All three? Any two?

Bring on Paris (NEVER thought I'd say that...)

• Reply 3 of 56
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member

Maybe I better not get to excited. They will probably be exactly like the current ones, just wireless.

• Reply 4 of 56
    I think we'll see the new powerbooks.

AND

new keyboards and mouse, wireless or not. they have to match the hardware that apples making now, the aluminum.

I think we may see a new style of Display but I'm not so convinced nor do I care since my 12 won't do DVI.

flick.

oh and aluminum iPods.
  • Reply 5 of 56
    Quote:

I DON'T CARE ABOUT WIRELESS, APPLE! Give me a power button on the keyboard and a scrool-wheel/second button for the mouse!

I do care about wireless. Every powerbook user must agree. And the scroll-wheel and three buttons are standard now. Let's not pretend we don't envy winmen scrolling pages without moving mice.

Are we really 'ahead of the curve' or just stubborn?
  • Reply 6 of 56
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,435member
    I say bring on Wireless peripherals. I also hope Paris has announcements of an Acquisition or two. It's been far too long between acquisitions. Come'on Apple spend some cash.
  • Reply 7 of 56
    thinksecret just confimed macrumors.

confirmed!
  • Reply 8 of 56
    I think I'm ready to see what the New keyboard looks like.

Go ahead and post the photos

flick.
  • Reply 9 of 56
    Wireless keyboard mice combos have their place, like bed browsing8)

but generally, they are justua gimick, and a tacky one at that, I personally couldn't care less if I had a wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

But I do have something to say about the whole 1 button-multibutton debate.

at my house on one of our PC laptops, we have a big scroll wheel mouse thing, that has about 6 or 7 buttons and then one big wheel to move the cursor. The device conforms to your hand perfectly and it is very comfortable(almost too comfortable) but, I seriously did not know which button was supposed to bea primary click, and which was secondary, in THAT respect apple holds on to the one button mouse, I think also out of nostalgia or whatever.

but seriously, sell the one-button on eMacs, iMacs, iBooks, Then apple should release a corded, optical, 3 button(with scroll) mouse for the g5 and powerbooks
  • Reply 10 of 56
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    I'll take a wireless mouse, but for the keyboard I'd rather have it wired and backlit like the 17"PB.
  • Reply 11 of 56
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    just two more batteries to go dead, I wonder if Apple is has a deal with the battery companies to subsadise the production of these things?

Seriously, keep it simple and keep the wires.
  • Reply 12 of 56
    I'd suggest, and I think I read it here somewhere, that they make the wires detatchable at both ends. so you can unplug the mouse and keyboard and plug them in again to recharge while still using. Or have a keyboard that has a sort of dockfor the mouse, the keyboard wouldn't be wireless but the mouse would be.

flick.
  • Reply 13 of 56
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I'll go for a wired keyboard and wireless mouse. With bluetooth, it will probably be pretty smooth, instead of Studio Mouse feeling of dragging your cursor through mollasses.
  • Reply 14 of 56
    they better update the design, the current "new" design sux ass. its a dust/dirt/liquid trap and is completely un adjustable
  • Reply 15 of 56
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Think Secret has more details here.
  • Reply 16 of 56
    Ok, no new buttons on the mouse. They only cut the tail.

So we'll jump one-legged proudly back to work with one hand tied to back and one eye closed - because we don't need more.
  • Reply 17 of 56
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    the article doees not say there are no new buttons.
  • Reply 18 of 56
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

I'd suggest, and I think I read it here somewhere, that they make the wires detatchable at both ends. so you can unplug the mouse and keyboard and plug them in again to recharge while still using. Or have a keyboard that has a sort of dockfor the mouse, the keyboard wouldn't be wireless but the mouse would be.

flick.

From Think Secret

Quote:

...The Wireless Keyboard will run on four AA batteries, while the Mouse will take two AA batteries. Batteries will be included, and the system will warn the user when battery power is low..

According to this you have batteries to replace, or rechargable ones to purchase, charge, swap out, and recharge. Add to that the pleasure of yet another pop-up warning, that I'm sure is reoccuring. I may be alone here, but I will take the wired keyboard with less expense and hassel to use even though I have to live with the wire...besides I never web surf in bed, and if I did I would want a Tablet, not a wireless keyboard.
  • Reply 19 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

Right, they just forgot.
  • Reply 20 of 56
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12