G5s in the Apple Stores tomorrow

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
The G5s will be in the Apple Stores tomorrow - at least in the biggest stores. Tomorrow there will be a few demos out there, guarded by the security guys, and Friday they will be available or trying freely and buying.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    nothing here in the mall of america store, i have yet to check the southdale store.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Panther

The G5s will be in the Apple Stores tomorrow - at least in the biggest stores. Tomorrow there will be a few demos out there, guarded by the security guys, and Friday they will be available or trying freely and buying.

You know this how?

Something wrong with this thread?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    I ran into an Apple Store SOHO employee on the subway the other day and he said not until the end of the month. I hope you're right and he's wrong.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    The G5s were supposed to be here first by monday, then tuesday evening. Some stores are receiving them slowlier than the one I am in. Sorry for that. And no, I did not see the poll.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

slowlier

Say what?

My local Apple Store(Boca Raton) has all the display material up. A Window display has replaced the iTunes stuff with a plexiglas stand awaiting a CPU and the staff is all in black. Wanna bet they put out the G5 tomorrow? Fri-Sun are when stores get the most traffic.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Panther

The G5s were supposed to be here first by monday, then tuesday evening. Some stores are receiving them slowlier than the one I am in. Sorry for that. And no, I did not see the poll.

Are you implying that you're an Apple retail store employee? Spit it out man.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    regreg Posts: 832member
    I visited the Apple store in Atlanta on Tuesday, while on vacation and they did not think they would get any till the weekend. I just checked with our local retailer in Maryland and he does not know when he will get any in. My wife ordered a dual the first day and it still suppose to ship by the end of August. I cann't wait to burn some vacation DVD's.

reg
  • Reply 8 of 8
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    My dualie says ship on or before 8/29.

I am starting to not believe it.