Elite Force Aviator: G.W. Bush?

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
um, uh, whoa... I bet daddy is jealous.

does anyone else find it priceless that even this action figure features GW's trademark worried/confused expression?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    rok, that is an excellent quote in your signature.
  • Reply 2 of 27
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

They might get to him - apparently they're part of a thematic series:

The difference between Hitler and Bush should be obvious. Hitler killed millions of Jews and was loved by many Europeans. Bush wants to keep million of Jews from being killed and is hated by many Europeans.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:

They might get to him - apparently they're part of a thematic series:

Must resist temptation to personally attack you. Get....ting...more...diff..i..cult. Must......not....a...tt...ack.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

um, uh, whoa... I bet daddy is jealous.

does anyone else find it priceless that even this action figure features GW's trademark worried/confused expression?

Where did you find this?
  • Reply 5 of 27
    http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.htm...oIa596A943770A

I just opened image in new window to see where it was hosted.
  • Reply 6 of 27
    This story has been making the rounds on various news channels for a few weeks. KB Toys is selling it, among others link

Apparently becoming an elite aviator is a lot easier than it used to be ...
  • Reply 7 of 27
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

The difference between Hitler and Bush should be obvious. Hitler killed millions of Jews and was loved by many Europeans. Bush wants to keep million of Jews from being killed and is hated by many Europeans.

Scott, history lesson:

Uh we were at war with Hitler, unlike the US (until the US had fleeced us and decided he was going to win, which was prooooobably bad). US corporations did business with the guy. In Europe that was pretty much illegal, because we didn't 'love' Hitler, we were trying to kill him.

Unlike the US. Which did business with Hitler.

Got it?

And most Europeans do hate yer man (your 'prez' I mean); but then so do most South Americans, Africans and Asians. And north Americans, north of Minnesota too come to think of it.

Everyone but some Americans hate him basically. Even the 'liberated' Iraqis and the Afghans. I guess heroin users like him as Afghanistan is back on line but that's a different thread.

So that's not much of a differentiator, wouldn't you say.

(Note to self: do not feed the trolls)
  • Reply 8 of 27
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    I'm sorry, I have an intense dislike of the shrub, but comparing him to Hitler is just wrong.

Having said that, does the action figure actually report for duty? Or does it just do a photo-op 20 years later?

• Reply 9 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

I'm sorry, I have an intense dislike of the shrub, but comparing him to Hitler is just wrong.

Having said that, does the action figure actually report for duty? Or does it just do a photo-op 20 years later?

nice. i was thinking the same thing. does this one get drunk as well, or has he already found jesus?
  • Reply 10 of 27
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i am just shocked that they made an aviator action figure out of the man based off him "flying over the battleship abraham lincoln." hell, he's no more an aviator elite action hero than i am. i mean, didn't his dad used to fly for the armed forces? that i could understand, but g.w.??? g.w. was given the equivalent of how pilots let little kids "take the controls for a second" and then they're "flying an airplane!" yippee!

• Reply 11 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

Scott, history lesson:

And north Americans, north of Minnesota too come to think of it.

Now please, give us a little more credit. It should read "North Americans, north of Virginia"
  • Reply 12 of 27
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

I thought it was just a reference to where the bush family fortune came from.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    Y?know, I never used to find history that interesting when I was in school, but it really can be quite fascinating. I typed the words ?Bush? and ?Hitler? into Google, and look what I learned?

It appears that one Prescott Bush was a director of Union Banking Corporation (UBC) in 1942, when it was seized by the US government under the Trading with the Enemy Act. UBC made investments and controlled business interests on behalf of Fritz Thyssen, a leading backer of the Nazi Party in the 1920 and 30s. Although Thyssen denounced the Nazi's in 1938 (for which he was stripped of his German citizenship and imprisoned), without his 15 years of support the Nazi party might never have come into power

George Herbert Walker (Prescott's father-in-law) first became associated with Fritz Thyssen when the Berlin branch of W.A. Harriman & Co. (the investment bank he managed) opened in 1922. W.A. Harriman was making a lot of money investing in the German economic revival at this time, and Thyssen & Co. was a big player in the iron and coal industry. In 1926, Fritz Thyssen inherited and took control of Thyssen & Co. and UBC (recently co-founded by Walker and Averill Harriman) started to get a whole lot of business.

Back to 1942. Thyssen has fallen out with the Nazi?s but UBC is still managing Thyssen family holdings. One of the UBC accounts managed by Prescott Bush was Thyssen's United Steel Works, a division of which, Consolidate Silesian Steel Corporation, used slave labor from nearby Auschwitz. It was reports of this slave labor in 1942 that initially prompted the US Government to take a closer look at UBC. After the war, UBC was returned to its shareholders. Liquidated in 1951, Prescott Bush's stake in the company netted him $1.5 million. One has to wonder what portion of this $1.5million in value was created by the low, low cost of employing concentration camp prisoners.
  • Reply 14 of 27
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

Apparently becoming an elite aviator is a lot easier than it used to be ...

Does it come with the "white gold" for kids to play with for a year while being AWOL from Tx Air National Guard?

SDW you're a quagmire. Not the character on Family Guy.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Does it come with the "white gold" for kids to play with for a year while being AWOL from Tx Air National Guard?

Giggity giggity giggity giggity.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

sadly no talking-chip version will ever be released (for many reasons),

including not wanting the toy to give more press conferences, nor more intelligent ones.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Where the hell did that come from?
  • Reply 18 of 27
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Where the hell did that come from?

An Al Franken gag i think. Heh. Heh. Hehehehehehe.

AAAAAAAAAABWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAA AAHAAAAAAHOOOOOHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Ahem.

Sorry.

Back to THIS thread, I'm just imagining the radio conversation ....

"Uh USSS Lincun, premission to landicate this air-o-jetinator please."

"Yeeeeeeees. Go ahead Mr. Bush sir."

"This is eeleeet avimiator Geoorj Dubya approachimising loooong flat objectcator with waving folks packed with morl curj. Heh. Those white lines suuuuuuuure takeificate me back."
  • Reply 19 of 27
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Y?know, I never used to find history that interesting when I was in school, but it really can be quite fascinating. I typed the words ?Bush? and ?Hitler? into Google, and look what I learned?

Interesting read but remember we don´t inherite the wrongs of our fathers.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Very true - Bush didn't inherit the wrongs of his grandpappy's Nazi sympathies and collaboration. He just inherited the money gained from it.

Point being the money may have been dirty for his forefathers but for him they aren´t more dirty than....uhhh***trying to think of someone who really deserved their money***....the money Woz children will inherite.

Lets us judge W by his actions. No more is needed.