Looprumors teases...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Check this out:

Looprumors!

It annoys me... "It's like a backstage pass to the future".

From those days before the announcement of the iMac2. (Oh god, what a disappointment!)

Are we going to be surprised? G5 Powerbook announcement? G5 iMac? Both?

Or something entirely new.. A tablet.. iWalk.. blah blah...

Do they know something? I have always liked Looprumors, and they seem to be on quite a good rumor-track.. Like Think Secret, Looprumors has made me a follower too.

[Edit:] Or maybe they're just updating... They havent updated in a while.. To sort out false from true rumors? Or simply because they hadnt any dirt to spill.. Only time will show!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Has Looprumors..........ever been right? About Anything??
  • Reply 2 of 16
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    They are a rumor site. No rumor site is ever completely right. But they did publish an item a few weeks ago that new iMacs were coming in Sept. A few days ago Think Secret published an item with some more info. Looprumors posted a notice earlier in the week that they were on vacation until Sept. 2. By the way, MacWhispers is calling it quits.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

[Edit:] Or maybe they're just updating...

That's probably it.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

They are a rumor site. No rumor site is ever completely right.

But they are never right. They did say the same thing as TS about the 3rd gen iPod concerning buttons, but they didn't place them right - it looked like they just wanted to be different from TS.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    they mentioned the bluetooth mouse keyboard before anyone else i think...

they had some other hits but have been not doing much lately...
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Try this:

http://www.looprumors.com/index1.html

I dunno if thats the same as the old, as I've never gone to this site before. Hope that helps-

-Ryan
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

By the way, MacWhispers is calling it quits.

Thank god!

• Reply 8 of 16
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

Mac OS Rumors ranted about Bluetooth devices long before LoopRumors was even born. The fact that they are comming now dowsn't prove anyting.. It's been so long ago that Apple just might have gotten inspired by their musings and started development _after_ MOSR twrote about them.

I think the illuminated keyboards might have been concieved in a similar manner.. O'Grady was very persistent a couple of years ago,, but he was about 2 years to early on those.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by keyboardf12

they had some other hits but have been not doing much lately...

That isn't very hard. It's like saying, "Apple will com out with an updated speaker system." Duh. But when?

Thinksecret, in my opinion, is the most reliable. They've detailed the iMac FP updates flawlessly, and they got a lot of points on the G5 right.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    keyboardf12keyboardf12 Posts: 1,379member
    fine.

I assume all you are no longer going to visit looprumors then?

• Reply 11 of 16
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I never even go there in the first place.

Think Secret is the first and best place to go for accurate rumor information about Apple-related products.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

I never even go there in the first place.

Think Secret is the first and best place to go for accurate rumor information about Apple-related products.

But they didn't get it right about the release date of the new PowerBooks, unfortunately.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    From ThinkSecret.com

Quote:

It's unclear when Apple plans to announce the upgrades, but one Apple retail source said the new 15-inch and 17-inch models are expected to arrive later this week. The channel is ready for the upgrades, showing low inventories across the PowerBook product line. The 15-inch PowerBook is "gone," while the 12-inch and 17-inch models show lesser than normal quantities at distributor Ingram Micro.

They said they don't know, but someone told them later this week, that means nothing, I'd rather them tell the truth that they don't know then make it up wildly.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

From ThinkSecret.com

They said they don't know, but someone told them later this week, that means nothing, I'd rather them tell the truth that they don't know then make it up wildly.

neutrino23 is referring to ThinkSecret's statement that there would be no PowerBook release at MWSF 2002(?).
  • Reply 15 of 16
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LudwigVan

neutrino23 is referring to ThinkSecret's statement that there would be no PowerBook release at MWSF 2002(?).

I agree that TS seems to be usually accurate but this time they missed when they suggested that PBs would come out by Friday.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by neutrino23

I agree that TS seems to be usually accurate but this time they missed when they suggested that PBs would come out by Friday.

Well I guess it's all how you read it, but I didn't' take it as them saying they were coming out by Friday but that they didn't know, knew they were close, and someone told them by this Friday but it wasn't confirmed.

Either way though they didn't come out. So the eternal wait continues...least I was only decided to purchase a powerbook once they are updated 2 months ago.