12 incher (sorry but yet another one... but hear me out..)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey. This is my first post and just wanted to let you guys know about something. I'm on the same boat as poor Brian in the other threads.

12' 867 combo w/ Extreme installed, printer

I ordered it on the 5th and then they told me a lead time of 1~3 days. Normal stuff. After two delays, it brings me to today. I was crossing my fingers for a new powerbook (trying to score the new one.. how lame.), but they hammer me again with ETA ship date of SEPTEMBER 8th!

Now judging that the thing is automated and is only dependent on the channel inventory, I would say it is very very dry.

So yes... I was fuming.. sent some e-mail, lost sleep (it's 5:30 AM now.. ) So about an hour ago, I called Apple acting like I was buying a new one. I asked them about the availability and the dude on the sales staff put me on hold for a few moments and told me 7~10 days (like it says on the site for new orders). Now I asked the dude 3 times and he said the thing was in STOCK.

I don't know about you, but after reading all these threads and thinking over what I've learned today, it seems a little fishy. If they can ship something in stock in a week, why couldn't they have filled my order sometime within the last 3 weeks???

Something tells me that something is coming up next week... But then again, I don't have a good feeling about it.

Sorry about my venting, but I just wanted to point that out.

In the meantime, well... I'm just... looking at my printer. Man I sure would like it to set my book up before I go catch a 5 hour flight from Vancouver to Toronto. Oh well... maybe this is a punishment from God...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Sorry to hear that even though you know you should have posted this in another thread you still aren´t able to utilize this knowledge in action.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Sorry to hear that even though you know you should have posted this in another thread you still aren? able to utilize this knowledge in action.

Geez sorry. I'll delete this post if one more person asks it to be taken off. Thanks for the warm welcome.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevejy4e

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Aim to please
  • Reply 4 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    *cough* I won't say it but I'll think it
  • Reply 5 of 9
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Here's the first rule of buying macs. NEVER, I repeat NEVER EVER, but NEVER buy a new mac without checking AI first. The board will pretty much always tell you whether a new model is due/overdue. Then decide. My general rule of thumb is that after a model has been out for three months, expect updates at any time, surprises do happen and don't be offended when they do. That's business.

My other rule is to absolutely NEVER buy something before you need it. If you're a student, september is upon us so YMMV. You'll need it pretty soon. The 12 is a great little portable and the edu prices are very nice ATM. If you're a freshman, while it may seem enticing to show up with your laptop ready to go, it's worth waiting untill youget to check out the campus store. Even if you can't get the newest model, campus stores often have very good deals/bundles beyond the regular edu price.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I still don't know why people buy from Apple.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

that's a tough question. I can't tell why either
  • Reply 8 of 9
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Buying advice/rants etc go to General Discussion....

(never buy any Apple product after it has been on the market 6+ months...)
  • Reply 9 of 9
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Instant gratification.

I had to take a trip and needed a PowerBook, so I walked into The Grove Apple Store and grabbed a 12"PB.