Deck 3.5 LE or alternative?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I picked up Deck 3.5 LE at the Apple store this week, but it's sitting sealed on my desk as I ponder whether to return it and search for a better (inexpensive) Mac recording solution.

I've used the demo, and I have to say that it's the easiest, most intuitive multi-track recording software I've tried (and I've tried a ton on the PC)...

Anyone have any recommendations? Thoughts on Deck3.5LE? I'm just looking for a basic, but fairly well-featured recording solution...The only thing that worries me about Deck 3.5 LE is the lack of support for VST effect plug-ins...That's a real downer.

Opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    If you have more cash available go Soundtrack as you can do both editing a sequencing stuff (with all bundled loops)

you will love it
  • Reply 2 of 3
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    Is soundtrack a fully capable recording studio? I thought it was just for looping/sequencing etc. with pre-existing tracks, not for full recording? I want at least 12 analog audio tracks with 4 effects (VST preferred) per track... Thanks,
  • Reply 3 of 3
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sport73

Is soundtrack a fully capable recording studio? I thought it was just for looping/sequencing etc. with pre-existing tracks, not for full recording? I want at least 12 analog audio tracks with 4 effects (VST preferred) per track... Thanks,

As for recording I use Final Cut Pro (that's why I have ST)

I also tried Sound Studio (www.felttip.com) and it works fine for recording.

Once you have all the stuff recorded (in WAV, AIF) you can put all of them in Soundtrack and do the mix, looping, filters stuff, cut.....etc etc

A lot of people thought ST only does sequencing. It actually does more than that