Soundtrack ---- so addictive

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Have only played with the app and the loops for about an hour and I already have an 1 minute long piece (Classical String)

This app and the loops are so f*cking addictive.

Also the ability to do sound editing is better than I expected.....can do way more than Sound Edit 16....now I can ditch this app and completely forget about Classic.

I am now offically 100% OSX "native", no more Classic!

COOL!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    I would like to know how you are using Soundtrack to do editing like in Sound Edit. Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Have only played with the app and the loops for about an hour and I already have an 1 minute long piece (Classical String)

COOL!

Can you post a link to the piece? Interested to see how it sounds. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Yes ditch Sound Edit and grab something like www.dspquattro.com

That and Soundtrack together would cover ALOT of bases.

• Reply 4 of 9
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    It's pretty crazy that all of those logic plugs are included as well.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisG

I would like to know how you are using Soundtrack to do editing like in Sound Edit. Thanks.

I used to use Sound Edit to do a lot of pitch shift and tempo adjustments (with filters that need to be render)

In Soundtrack. Just select the track, right click and you can adjust the pitch by up to +12 or -12. Tempo will be in done in the main tempo adjustment. All done in real time and I don't have to render

Pitch shift in Soundtrack doesn't change the length of the track, which is A Good Thing?

Fade in and fade out are very similar to Final Cut Pro.

The audio filter (both from Apple and eMagic) are so great to use and "very" professional and ALL real time!

Love it
  • Reply 6 of 9
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    That's awesome leonis, I'm seriously considering getting soundtrack with my next mac.

Right now I'm using reason 2.5 for all my music production needs, but obviously it has it's limitations, If Reason was a more...erm...open standard and could interface with apps like soundtrack or logic, that would be such an excellent combination.

heh, I'm OS X native 100% because I needed room on my system disk, you I scratched all traces of OS 9
  • Reply 7 of 9
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I expected that I'd like Soundtrack, but its sounding better than I thought. Anyone know if I can try Soundtrack out at an Apple store?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Check out stores that have Final Cut Pro 4 installed in their demo machines.

If they have FCP there should be Soundtrack too...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

Right now I'm using reason 2.5 for all my music production needs, but obviously it has it's limitations, If Reason was a more...erm...open standard and could interface with apps like soundtrack or logic, that would be such an excellent combination.

Soundtrack doesn't do MIDI afaik....you still need Reason to do this.

ST is limited to using existing sound files and loops to create a piece. Since I am not a composer this app is just good enough for me to make music

I used to play keyboard...but it was like....like...like.....20 years ago