Return to castle wolfenstein

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Have a little problem with wolfy, i can't get the console to appear. If you have the same problem or an answer for it post here plz.

Thx in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    maniamania Posts: 104member
    yer supposed to hit the tilda key ~
  • Reply 2 of 6
    fieldorfieldor Posts: 213member
    Yeah that's the problem it won't work here with the tilda key. Could it be a problem with our keyboard? (it's a mac keyboard)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    Just to clear something up: it's a European (azerty) keyboard. Since we have to use a combination of keys to get a tilde, this doesn't work. Does anyone know whether it's possible to change the command line-key in some editable file ?

Grtz
  • Reply 4 of 6
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    Yep.

In your RtCW folder is a folder called Main. Open that, and there's a file named 'wolfconfig.cfg'. There should be a line in that file which reads:

Code:

bind ~ "toggleconsole"

Change the tilde to whatever key you want. Do the same in 'wolfconfig_mp.cfg' for your multiplayer games.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    fieldorfieldor Posts: 213member
    THX Kesh, it has to work now.

Grtz
  • Reply 6 of 6
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    You're right, Kesh... Tried it out & it's working now.

Now comes another question. I'm trying to cheat (I know, I shouldn't ) by starting Wolfenstein while pressing the shift key and then entering '+set sv_cheats 1', but when I try using a code in the console, I get a line saying something like 'This server doesn't allow cheating'.

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong ?

Grtz,

Knappa