Paris Expo 2003

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I can't help but notice that Steve is going to keynote Expo 2003. Do you think he would waste precious RDF on an arb G4 PB update? Or is this keynote something more G5-related .. ??

say it with me now: GEE FIVE POWERBOOK

or it could just be a Panther release. .... . .. . .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 278
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by g::masta

I can't help but notice that Steve is going to keynote Expo 2003. Do you think he would waste precious RDF on an arb G4 PB update? Or is this keynote something more G5-related .. ??

say it with me now: GEE FIVE POWERBOOK

or it could just be a Panther release. .... . .. . .

I don't know if Panther will be release, but i am sure, that Panther will be the principal point of his keynote. I am ready to bet that there will be a place to present the updated powerbook and especially the new 15 alu book.

The i book should be updated too, with the new GX chip from IBM, same apply for the I mac line, who also need an update.
  • Reply 2 of 278
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    I have lost all hope for a G5 powerbook or any powerbook updates for that matter.
  • Reply 3 of 278
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

I don't know if Panther will be release, but i am sure, that Panther will be the principal point of his keynote. I am ready to bet that there will be a place to present the updated powerbook and especially the new 15 alu book.

The i book should be updated too, with the new GX chip from IBM, same apply for the I mac line, who also need an update.

Panther-Demo in Europe

G5-Demo in Europe

and one out of the following:

- New Powerbooks (G4)

- New iBooks (G3 1GHz min.)

- New iMac
  • Reply 4 of 278
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Soooooo, let's make this:

The Official Paris Expo Countdown Thread

Stevenote: T minus 20 days : 14 hours : 27 minutes

Screed ...felt good

Woooo, 500th post, woooo
  • Reply 5 of 278
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Krassy

Panther-Demo in Europe

G5-Demo in Europe

and one out of the following:

- New Powerbooks (G4)

- New iBooks (G3 1GHz min.)

- New iMac

I agree with the Jedi.

My only concern is that if the PB G4 is released so late that either:

the G5 PB will be released well into 2004

or this G4 revision will be a very brief revision, ticking off quite a few customers
  • Reply 6 of 278
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Panther release date maybe. New iTunes/iMovie/iCal, etc optimized for the G5.

15" mentioned

shipping updates on the G5

iPod accessory

iChat for $30
  • Reply 7 of 278
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Paris:

New Powerbooks across the board.

Announcement that iTMS will be coming in November.

Panther Preview with "by the end of year" announcement

iMac updates will preceed Paris announcement.
  • Reply 8 of 278
    nemesisnemesis Posts: 138member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Paris:

New Powerbooks across the board.

Announcement that iTMS will be coming in November.

Panther Preview with "by the end of year" announcement

iMac updates will preceed Paris announcement.

Maybe. Or you could switch the powerbook and imac announcements. Ill just keep waiting. Patiently waiting....
  • Reply 9 of 278
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Stevenote: T minus 19 days : 11 hours : 29 minutes

Screed ...BONG!
  • Reply 10 of 278
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I feel pretty confident with this one:

First, we'll see an iMac update BEFORE Paris. See my thread on the subject for details.

At Paris:
    • G5 sales and distribution update

• Powerbook 12 & 17" speed bumps

• Powerbook 15" aluminum released

• iTunes Music Store lauds & praises, info on Win. version.

• Panther preview and release date

Not necessarily in that particular order...but probably. And that's a full keynote.

• Reply 11 of 278
    How come no note of 17" Cinema Displays? The Studios were EOL'd in may and ... please... please?

Sigh, better hold off on that G5 purchase...
  • Reply 12 of 278
    hasapihasapi Posts: 290member
    Could it be possible that SJ is so pissed at Moto that instead of releasing a piss poor update to the PB's that Apple delays the update for MWParis to announce a G5 PB - Cool thought.

I suspect Apple might be concerned about sales (and customers perceptions) of a G4 update as interim. I suspect however, that we get to see 7457's in PB's as well as iMacs at least for now.
  • Reply 13 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by hasapi

Could it be possible that SJ is so pissed at Moto that instead of releasing a piss poor update to the PB's that Apple delays the update for MWParis to announce a G5 PB - Cool thought.

I suspect Apple might be concerned about sales (and customers perceptions) of a G4 update as interim. I suspect however, that we get to see 7457's in PB's as well as iMacs at least for now.

I would still rather see Steve kick the Moto CEO in the balls on stage...but a G5 Powerbook will suffice.
  • Reply 14 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

I would still rather see Steve kick the Moto CEO in the balls on stage...but a G5 Powerbook will suffice.

You bet! Seeing Apple/IBM on stage and announcing the G5 PMac was metaphorically similar.

Up to 2G for the 7457 and a 1.6G 7457 for the iMacs now would be nice of them, but what is the possibility?
  • Reply 15 of 278
    h4wkh4wk Posts: 11member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I feel pretty confident with this one:

First, we'll see an iMac update BEFORE Paris. See my thread on the subject for details.

At Paris:G5 sales and distribution update
    Powerbook 12 & 17" speed bumps
    Powerbook 15" aluminum released
    iTunes Music Store lauds & praises, info on Win. version.
    Panther preview and release date
    Not necessarily in that particular order...but probably. And that's a full keynote.

I would have to agree and also add a bit. With the iTunes Win version, it may just be another plugin for MusicMatch player ....... similar to the one used for the iPod.
  • Reply 16 of 278
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    wait a tic...I thought that iTMS wasn't available overseas as well...just in the states.

anyone want to correct me on this?

I mean ,it would be foolish to talk about iTMS in europe if no one there could use it.
  • Reply 17 of 278
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    Yeah...if anyone here is seriously anticpating a G5 PowerBook or iMac anytime before next February, you need to visit your local Apple Store and have a good long look at the heat sink parked ontop the PowerMac G5's processor(s). If you have a look at the inside of a single-processor PowerMac G5, you'll see that the empty space where the second processor and heatsink would go is large enough for you to fit your head into.

• Reply 18 of 278
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member

Okay, now THAT'S a mockup!
  • Reply 19 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cory Bauer

I like the "because you couldn't wait"!

• Reply 20 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by H4wk

I would have to agree and also add a bit. With the iTunes Win version, it may just be another plugin for MusicMatch player ....... similar to the one used for the iPod.

Hmm, would that've really taken so long to make, though?