Let's compare Dual G5 ship dates

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hey y'all. I ordered my BTO dual G5 on 8/16, and the estimated ship date is listed as 10/29! I haven't heard anyone else mention any such ship date so distant, maybe because everyone else in my position is smart enough to forget about it until the ship data approaches. Anyway, do others have similar orderdate-shipdate spans?

FYI I ordered through the higher education store.

John

Comments

• Reply 1 of 100
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Ordered 6/30. Ship date of 8/29.

BTO dualie with Radeon 9800 Pro and Bluetooth module.
  • Reply 2 of 100
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Ordered 7/18

Ships on or before 9/29
  • Reply 3 of 100
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    Ordered on 21/07

est Ship Date 29/09

Which i think was just automatically created - as it is exactly 10 weeks from when i ordered, and at the time it said to allow 7 - 10weeks for shipment.

BTO with Airport/BTooth

revs
  • Reply 4 of 100
    DP2.0 stock config:

Ordered: 7/10

Shipping: 8/29
  • Reply 5 of 100
    2.0DP CTO Combo drive

Ordered: 07/06

Shipping: 08/29 (I'll beleive it when I have a tracking number!)
  • Reply 6 of 100
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    this compare thing. Is you more cool if you have short or a long one?
  • Reply 7 of 100
    I ordered two 1.6 G5s and one dual 2 within seconds of them going on sale. Up until a few minutes ago, my ship dates were today (8/27) for the 1.6s and 8/29 for the dual. I just received an email from Apple saying that my 1.6 has been delayed to (of all dates) 9/11! I don't suppose this bodes well for my dual shipping this friday.

I called Apple, and the rep assumed it was because both of my systems are CTOs, but she said that changing it now would do nothing to speed things up.

Grrrrrrrr.....
  • Reply 8 of 100
    2Ghz dual processor

added radeon 9800

added bluetooth

deleted superdrive

ordered: 7/6

shipping date: 8/29
  • Reply 9 of 100
    Macconection just told me My G5 2 gig that I ordered 6/23/03 is scheduled to ship Sept 3rd.

last week I was told Sept 10th.

I will believe it when i see it.

I might add that it is also $ 283.00 cheaper than the Apple store (no tax or shipping) and I get an additional 1 gig of Ram.
  • Reply 10 of 100
    Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5

2GB DDR400 (PC3200) - 2x1GB

2x250GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm

Super Drive (DVD-R/CD-RW)

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

56k V.92 Internal Modem

BlueTooth Module

Airport Extreme Card

Apple Keyboard & Mouse

Mac OS X

Country Kit

Ordered 6/30, est. ship 8/29. Like one of the posters above, I'll believe it when I have a tracking number BUT they were being optimistic on the phone.

-- Mark
  • Reply 11 of 100
    Well, should know in around 24 hours or so if I need to buy a jar of vaseline or not.

Still shows 8/29.

Whats it going to be Apple?
  • Reply 12 of 100
    I ordered my Dual 2GHz last thursday (21 Aug) and the order status page shows "being assembled" highlighted since today, but no shipping date yet !

Does it need to reach "being prepped for shipping" to show the shipping date or when does that show up ?

Can't wait !

Alex
  • Reply 13 of 100
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alfrank

I ordered my Dual 2GHz last thursday (21 Aug) and the order status page shows "being assembled" highlighted since today, but no shipping date yet !

Does it need to reach "being prepped for shipping" to show the shipping date or when does that show up ?

Can't wait !

Alex

look at the bottom of the confirmation email. It will say something along the lines of "On or before [date]"

revs
  • Reply 14 of 100
    Quote:

Originally posted by alfrank

wow! you ordered on the 21st and it's already being assembled? did you get a stock configuratino or a build-to-order? where did you order from?

john
  • Reply 15 of 100
    Hi !

It's the stock configuration.

I'll add more RAM later when prices drop a bit.

I ordered by phone at the german Apple Store, because the online order the evening before failed.

But I didn't get a final order confirmation yet, only an "order received" email.

We'll see...

Alex.
  • Reply 16 of 100
    Has anyone successfully got a cheaper price than the online AppleStore UK price by ringing Applestore UK directly? Just wondered...
  • Reply 17 of 100
    Ordered 07/19

Shipping on or before 09/30/2003

BTO Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

BlueTooth Module

I have another gig of ram and a WD Raptor waiting for it's new home

Man, I can't wait... upgrading from a 450MHz B&W G3 (768MB/9GB 15K Cheetah). The only thing that worries me is disk speed. I haven't owned an IDE drive since 1994 and I know it's not going to be _slow_ but still. I have 5 18GB SCSI drives laying around and I may just put them in an external case and bring the SCSI card over from my G3. We'll see.
  • Reply 18 of 100
    9:00pm CST.

Order still shows 8/29.

When is Apple going to slip me the salami and change the ship date to mid September?

Nice rig Hardcore!

Same setup as mine.

Had to go the Radeon 9800 Pro. 8)
  • Reply 19 of 100
    Well, my party is over...or at least delayed for a MONTH.

Just in the last hour my DP 2.0 (stock config) went from 8/29/03 to 9/26/03!!

• Reply 20 of 100
    DAMN IT!!!!!!!!

Mine just went from 8/29 to 9/26.

And I sure as hell would not bet the bank on this change either.

SCREW YOU APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!