The updates I've been waiting for! Rhoomba!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The first rendition was almost enough to get me to buy, but there were just a few too many features that I wanted that it didn't have. Now, it looks like the Roomba is ready to roll on a daily basis.

http://www.roombavac.com/products/RoombaProElite.asp

Check it out if you haven't already. Good stuff.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    There's a whole "Roomba hacking" website devoted to making the Roomba into a waiter, guard dog, etc. It's kinda cool. They even have a way of controlling your Roomba via 802.11b.

Check it out.

http://www.10k.org/jake/mod/roomba/
  • Reply 2 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Yes but what happens when it goes flying down the stairs?

Even so, I want one. Too bitchin' to not be owned.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Um, you all got to be kidding. I know that vaccuming is a physically strenuous task but really, are you all techno-fetishes or just plain lazy?

Take this rant with a grain of salt, but I'm still scratching my head...\
  • Reply 4 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    A similar machine sold in England by Electrolux has a unique feature that even the new Roomba's don't have. When the battery gets low, the Electrolux automatically seeks out the charging station, goes to it, hooks up, recharges and then goes back to cleaning! However, this machine is almost twice the price of the Roomba.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    longhornlonghorn Posts: 147member
    Actually in my case it's because our dog sheds like mad. I brush him every day and he still dumps a ton of hair on the floor. It's both gross and bad for guests who are allergic to pet dander/hair. There's no way I'd vacuum every day, so this is a great solution.

p.s. it doesn't fall down stairs.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Longhorn

Actually in my case it's because our dog sheds like mad. I brush him every day and he still dumps a ton of hair on the floor. It's both gross and bad for guests who are allergic to pet dander/hair. There's no way I'd vacuum every day, so this is a great solution.

p.s. it doesn't fall down stairs.

Ah. You made your point. If I could afford one I'd get one for my neighbor who's dog leaves a pile of hair in the hall too.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

A similar machine sold in England by Electrolux has a unique feature that even the new Roomba's don't have. When the battery gets low, the Electrolux automatically seeks out the charging station, goes to it, hooks up, recharges and then goes back to cleaning! However, this machine is almost twice the price of the Roomba.

This machine from Electrolux is for sale here in Switzerland too, for some expensive $1699?
  • Reply 8 of 10
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Quote:

This machine from Electrolux is for sale here in Switzerland too, for some expensive $1699

For that price you can hire a cleaning person to come in once a week for a year! (probably twice a week?). Roomba's are much cheaper.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Our dog sheds like a middle-aged man on testosterone.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    similar technologies are now making their way to the backyard, even in the dark of night

RoboMower