2Ghz ship date moved? oh sweet god nooooo!!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
i've been maniacally checking the ship date on my dual 2Ghz machine, which was supposed to ship on or before 08/29/03

just checked tonight (08/28/03) and the ship date has been moved to September 26!!!! sweet god no!!!! i can't wait another month!

did this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by spaz

i've been maniacally checking the ship date on my dual 2Ghz machine, which was supposed to ship on or before 08/29/03

just checked tonight (08/28/03) and the ship date has been moved to September 26!!!! sweet god no!!!! i can't wait another month!

did this happen to anyone else?

my 2.0ghz DP ordered on 6/23 at 12:26PM PST still says est ship on or before 8/29 ...

if it ships tomorrow I'll dance with joy, though my decision to ship it 'overnight' will have been a waste of money seeing that I won't get it til Tuesday even if it somehow ships tomorrow. I told myself 2 months ago that if the date slipped I would cancel... guess they're just making me wait til the last minute to cancel it. (:

update -

and on cue my date slipped, like everyone else from the sound of it. Cancelled.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Sorry.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    Yup. Happened to me too. I kind of wish I had just bought a 1 GHz proc. upgrade a few months ago...
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Look honey, it's another one of those G5 shipping status threads!
  • Reply 5 of 18
    spazspaz Posts: 58member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

Look honey, it's another one of those G5 shipping status threads!

look honey, it's another smartass!

the only reason i'm posting it, ensign, is because those of use who ordered them, and were hoping with all our souls that they were goign to ship tomorrow, now apparently have to wait another month.

if you're not interested in a G5 ship date topic, how bout you don't click on it and comment on it!
  • Reply 6 of 18
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    Quote:

the only reason i'm posting it, ensign, is because those of use who ordered them, and were hoping with all our souls that they were goign to ship tomorrow, now apparently have to wait another month.

if you're not interested in a G5 ship date topic, how bout you don't click on it and comment on it!

You may want to check again, and/or keep checking. People over at Spymac are reporting 8/29 dates slipping to 9/26 and then back to 8/29 a bit later.

Strange, but true. Maybe Apple is testing how far they can push us to the brink and back.

...is that maniacal laughter I hear from over in Cupertino?
  • Reply 7 of 18
    BTW, I also heard today that they are building G5s in Elk Grove (as well as somewhere else). Anyone else hear this? I'm about a mile from the EG plant. I was going to start hangingn out at the bus stop there to see if I could see any 15" Albooks lying about. Kind of like that scene in Willy Wonka --- "noone ever goes in.... and noone ever comes out!"

If y'all want to have a field trip, let me know.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    Waiting for the inevitable rumors

Satire warning:

1) Listening to Macnn forum demands, Apple made 1 Dualie and then decided to produce a Rev. B motherboard so that no one will have an excuse to not buy a G5.

2) Delay allows Panther to be included on every dualie, so shut up

3) 30 inch monitors as a prize in every box and heck, it takes time to make a new cardboard box worthy of Apple

4) Jobs's Buddhist master decides that Apple users have become too smug and forces Steve to p.o. Apple's pro customers while making Windows users feel good in the most cost efficient manner

5) Apple, following US-UK lead, admits to sexing up Dualies. In fact, 2ghz G5s never existed and were really filled with A.M.D. chips (Apple's Mass Deception or Apple's Moving Date or even Apple Misses Date).

6) What else should a company announce the day of a 52 week stock high

7) Xcode inspired by X-Files runs amuck on Apple servers and transports all Dualies 4 weeks into the future

8) Apple spent too much time on fit and not enough on finish...ing

.... I leave the rest as an exercise for you, the student.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by 10 GOTO 10

Waiting for the inevitable rumors

Satire warning:

1) Listening to Macnn forum demands, Apple made 1 Dualie and then decided to produce a Rev. B motherboard so that no one will have an excuse to not buy a G5.

2) Delay allows Panther to be included on every dualie, so shut up

3) 30 inch monitors as a prize in every box and heck, it takes time to make a new cardboard box worthy of Apple

4) Jobs's Buddhist master decides that Apple users have become too smug and forces Steve to p.o. Apple's pro customers while making Windows users feel good in the most cost efficient manner

5) Apple, following US-UK lead, admits to sexing up Dualies. In fact, 2ghz G5s never existed and were really filled with A.M.D. chips (Apple's Mass Deception or Apple's Moving Date or even Apple Misses Date).

6) What else should a company announce the day of a 52 week stock high

7) Xcode inspired by X-Files runs amuck on Apple servers and transports all Dualies 4 weeks into the future

8) Apple spent too much time on fit and not enough on finish...ing

.... I leave the rest as an exercise for you, the student.

That road sign up ahead, next stop: The Twilight Zone.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

No...how about you use half a brain and stick the topic in the "right" forum. G5's are shipping. This means they are "Current Hardware" Frankly we don't care about your desire for us to do our own Moderation. We follow the "Board" rules ..not yours.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    spazspaz Posts: 58member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

No...how about you use half a brain and stick the topic in the "right" forum. G5's are shipping. This means they are "Current Hardware" Frankly we don't care about your desire for us to do our own Moderation. We follow the "Board" rules ..not yours.

well, since my ship date was just pushed a month into the FUTURE, i think it's in the right forum.

did you guys all eat a giant bowl of Grumpios this morning? lighten up already.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:

did you guys all eat a giant bowl of Grumpios this morning? lighten up already.

I didn't, all out. I did have a "wasn't going to post a reply but fro some reason I did" Omelet with a side order of "extreme procrastination" and a tall glass of "sorry about the puter". quite good.

flick.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

BTW, I also heard today that they are building G5s in Elk Grove (as well as somewhere else). Anyone else hear this? I'm about a mile from the EG plant. I was going to start hangingn out at the bus stop there to see if I could see any 15" Albooks lying about. Kind of like that scene in Willy Wonka --- "noone ever goes in.... and noone ever comes out!"

If y'all want to have a field trip, let me know.

All iBooks and PowerBooks are made in Taiwan.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by JLL

All iBooks and PowerBooks are made in Taiwan.

Right. I said "G5". As in "real-and kind-of shipping desktop", not "hopefully manufactured with boxes sitting in a warehouse waiting for Paris Expo announce G5 PowerBooks".
  • Reply 15 of 18
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    LOL Ok ok Spaz. Nuff said!

How bout Apple go ahead and speedbumb them Dual 2Ghz models to Dual 2.5Ghz. Ok back to reality.

I'm wondering why Apple has an Online BTO store and doesn't offer consumers the option of going Dual 1.8Ghz. Um the whole hoopla about Apple's online store was configuration..."like Dell" LOL. Foiled again.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Code:

Date: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:04:04 PM US/Eastern

To: [email protected]

Subject: RE: Your Apple Order # 7005429517

Sold-to address: Date: 08/29/2003

XXXXXX XXXXX Our order number: XXXXXXXXXXX

XXXX XXXXXXX Dr. PO number: XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX XXXXX XX XXXXXX Web order number: XXXXXXXX

Apple customer no: XXXXXXX

Ship-to address:

<deleted>

To Our Valued Apple Customer:

We are very excited that the Power Mac G5 systems have started shipping and

want to provide an update on the status of your order.

The demand for the dual processor PowerMac has been overwhelming and our

employees are working around the clock to meet demand. Initial units will be

sent to education institutions to meet key back to school deadlines. We

currently anticipate shipping your new G5 PowerMac in 10-15 business days.

If for any reason this revised shipping date is not acceptable, please let us

know and we will promptly change or cancel your order per your instructions.

If we do not hear from you prior to shipment, we will assume the revised date

is acceptable and will ship your order. If you decide to cancel your order and

it was paid for in advance, you will receive a prompt refund.

I'm not cancelling.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Tomb of the Unknown

If for any reason this revised shipping date is not acceptable, please let us know and we will promptly change or cancel your order per your instructions.

That wording seems funny to me. Specifically, where it says "we will promptly change." It begs the following response: "The revised shipping date is not acceptable, please change my order so that it arrives sooner."

Of course their response to that would likely be, "If you don't like your revised shipping date, we can change your order to move the date further into the future. Do not taunt us."
  • Reply 18 of 18
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 10 GOTO 10

Waiting for the inevitable rumors...

How about this: Apple is making IBM redo the G5 so that it isn't missing the G3/G4 "pseudo little-endian" mode that Virtual PC relies on. We'll all get our Macs a month later, but when we get them, VPC will work.

(Warning: The above suggested rumor is for entertainment purposes only. For external use only, do not take seriously. Taking seriously may result in protracted painful diatribes related to microchip architecture, fab retooling, and time needed for quality assurance testing.)