Mystery Post Card

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I received a postcard from Italy. It had an Italian stamp, and seemd to be post marked from Italy as well.

It said that the peson was enjoying the holidays, the weather was nice and the water was warm.

It was addressed to me, my address, all spelled right and was from somone named "Flourentine" or something.

I don't know anyone named that...or visiting Italy.

Now is that weird or what?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Defiant.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Defiant.

Aha! Wow...what a nice person. He said he never got my post cards I sent, so I will have to send them (yet again...this will be the 3rd time)

Just wait Defiant, you'll get them! Email me your adress I'm on a different computer then I used to use without the old emails.

Edit: Murbot you could delete this thread before he sees it so I don't feel as silly. Really don't remember that being his name.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Edit: Murbot you could delete this thread before he sees it so I don't feel as silly. Really don't remember that being his name.

too late! now your sillyness has been seen for all the world!
  • Reply 4 of 20
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I once was working in Spain and my that time boy friend was in Italy. He got a post card from Greece, in Greek, and he called me asking how I had done it. I don't speak any Greek (nor does he, so he needed to have it translated) but he was sure it was from me (could not be from anyone else).
  • Reply 5 of 20
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I have no power in this forum. Please move your puckered lips to one of the AO mods.

• Reply 6 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I have no power in this forum. Please move your puckered lips to one of the AO mods.

Arg o well, least I know who it is now.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    and now, Ladies and Gentlemen, for the first time we present the famous 'remember the real name of a forum member for a long time' award. The award goes to?drumroll murbot!

Yeah, it was me who sent the postcards. 8)

I was on holiday in Italy, and I sent postcards to everyone I know, including some people here from the forums. So guys, if you get a postcard card from Italy, then it was me.

Btw, ast3r3x, I received your postcards. (Assuming your name is Gabe, then I definitely got your postcards, the first and the second batch. I sent you a mail regarding these postcards, but it may have gone under.)

It's always difficult to know who's the real guy behind the screen name?
  • Reply 8 of 20
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Gabe is me, I sent you the card from New Orleans this summer. I'll keep an eye for a card from Italy.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    Haha, no name isn't Gabe. Email me your address and I'll send a new (3rd times the charm) batch ASAP.

Cows and Farm postcards will be in your possession in weeks!
  • Reply 10 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

Gabe is me, I sent you the card from New Orleans this summer. I'll keep an eye for a card from Italy.

Ah, ok, I got them confused. Thanks anyways! It seems like I have to go to New Orleans sometime.

Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Haha, no name isn't Gabe, it's Dustin. Email me your address and I'll send a new (3rd times the charm) batch ASAP.

Cows and Farm postcards will be in your possession in weeks!

I dropped you an email to the .mac address. I'm sorry that your cards didn't arrived for the first two times. But I'm thankfully that you keep sending them?
  • Reply 11 of 20
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

and now, Ladies and Gentlemen, for the first time we present the famous 'remember the real name of a forum member for a long time' award. The award goes to?drumroll murbot!

Hey, hey, hey, I know your name too. And your last name. And GMX of course!

First learned it when I was applying for that high-fellutin' literature job... must have been years ago. And I didn't get, thank you very much. And then some Canadian beats me to another honor because he gets to sit up a lot later than I can. Stupid SUN and continents and stuff! I blame the Big Bang for me not winning that award. Now tell me if that isn't a good excuse.

• Reply 12 of 20
    That's a good excuse.

But I'm glad you're still here.
  • Reply 13 of 20
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Yeah, it was me who sent the postcards. 8)

I was on holiday in Italy, and I sent postcards to everyone I know, including some people here from the forums. So guys, if you get a postcard card from Italy, then it was me.

Btw, ast3r3x, I received your postcards. (Assuming your name is Gabe, then I definitely got your postcards, the first and the second batch. I sent you a mail regarding these postcards, but it may have gone under.)

It's always difficult to know who's the real guy behind the screen name?

What about me, defiant??? I sold you my trusty Newt and I don't get Jack!?!
  • Reply 14 of 20
    If you still live in Durham, you got one.
  • Reply 15 of 20
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

If you still live in Durham, you got one.

Damn, I moved back to Athens, GA a couple months ago.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Damn, I moved back to Athens, GA a couple months ago.

Gosh! Why did you do that? Do they send you the post from the old address to the new address?
  • Reply 17 of 20
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I got a postcard from Defiant yesterday. Maybe my mail just takes longer for some reason, whatever. Thank you Defiant.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    You're welcome!
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Who wants a postcard from the United States of America?
  • Reply 20 of 20
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Damn internet love-ins!

Why when I was a young man, we didn't have no... uh... oh forget it. I'm just mad because I'm too paranoid to give out my address, so I can't receive no post cards from Italy. Not even an iCard.

\

8)