Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Just going by what the UN said.

Did you not read my post?

Quote:

Originally posted by giant

let's look at the UN reports:

http://middleeastreference.org.uk/iraqweapons.html

So you didn't my answer my question: what would be left that hasn't degraded to the point of being useless.

Now your link contains serious ommisions, which is not surprising considering the analysis was done by neo-conservative frontline.

Just as one example, frontline claims 1.5 tons of unaccounted for VX (referring to VX produced through 'route B), yet UNMOVIC points out that this VX would be useless at this point:

"VX produced through route B must be used relatively quickly after production (about 1 to 8 weeks), which would probably be satisfactory for wartime requirements."

"Unresolved Disarmament Issues" (6 March 2003), p.82

Secondly, UNSCOM verified that VX was in fact discarded at the location specified by Iraq as the dump site for the VX in question.

So really, you are going to have to do a much, much, much better job if you want to be remotely correct. It might also help you not to cite neo-conservative sources. It will consistently bite you in the butt.

You want to keep going?

• Reply 82 of 94
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    As a matter of fact, no. I guess you mention something in that quote too?
  • Reply 83 of 94
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

As a matter of fact, no. I guess you mention something in that quote too?

So that's why you believe the WMD mumbo-jumbo. \

At least you admit you don't know what you are talking about.
  • Reply 84 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

We did NOT go to war to end SH's abuses of his own people, although that would have been a great motive in concert with the UN and with Arab support.

We did NOT go to war to end his abuses of his own people, god.

We went to war because he was a 'grave and imminent threat' but he WASN'T.

A slightly belated 'precisely!' to that. If we had really gone to war for humanitarian reasons, to free the Iraqi people from a brutal oppressor etc etc, then Bushblair would have said so. But they didn't
  • Reply 85 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Anti-american "human rights" groups?

Scott, this juxtaposition pains The Blue Meanie. Are you seriously suggesting that human rights is an "anti-American" concept? That's a scary thought...
  • Reply 86 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Also the web site linked to is lying when they say "This whopper was based on a document that the White House already knew to be a forgery thanks to the CIA." That FALSE! The statement was based on information that the Brits could not show because they had agreed to keep it under wraps.

Yeeeeeeeeeeah, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there, Scott. Hasn't the White House acknowledged that the infamous phrase in the SotU address was based on "forged documents?

There is also plenty of evidence to suggest that the White House was well aware of the dubiousness of the Niger claims some time before - see " target="_blank">here, " target="_blank">here, and here.

The British government has made almost no reference to the mysterious other source in recent months - and the claims sounded pretty feeble to start with. Sounds like ass-covering to The Blue Meanie.

Yeeeeeeah, Scott, could you come in on Saturday? And Sunday too. That would be grrreat
  • Reply 87 of 94
    Anyway, it's not lying of course. It's 'perception management'
  • Reply 88 of 94
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The Blue Meanie

Anyway, it's not lying of course. It's 'perception management'

bump

gotta keep these issues from fading with the next 'news event du-jour' - - I think they deserve to bring up real considerations for impeachment

check out: this
  • Reply 89 of 94
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

bump

gotta keep these issues from fading with the next 'news event du-jour' - - I think they deserve to bring up real considerations for impeachment

check out: this

We can but dream 8)
  • Reply 90 of 94
  • Reply 91 of 94
    $100 billion and counting...
  • Reply 92 of 94
  • Reply 93 of 94
    On the other, maybe all that's no problem for Dubya