iPod - MP3 vs. AAC - Which is Best?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So I posted this same sort of discussion in the wrong forum, so now that I have it right. LEt me restate the question.

I've been rippin my CD for years at 160 kbps MP3. With my new aquired Powerbook come Apple Expo, I've been thing about switching to the AAC compression. I'd probably still record at 160 Kbps. It would just be a quality improvement.

Will eveyone state the advantages/disadvantages of the new AAC as well as what recording method you use (MP3 vs. AAC) and the compression rate.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    This thread is better, MUHAHAHHA!!!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

This thread is better, MUHAHAHHA!!!

Lol. Why have one thread when one can have two?!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Two threads are better than one! *nyuk nyuk nyuk*
  • Reply 4 of 4
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Any chance at all that the good Doctor is yet another incarnation of 68k or whoever the hell he was? Or Macintosh even?

Can one person be this, uh..."interesting" (being charitable this morning) by accident?

The polls, the multiple redundant threads, the far-out predictions not grounded in ANY sort of reality, the apparent disdain for the posting guidelines, more polls, etc.

Just wondering. I'm starting to have my serious doubts here. Seems someone might be enjoying a little bit of fun and tweaking of the boards...