Wag the Dog??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

From Yahoo: President Bush along with first lady, Laura Bush, and members of the Waco Midway Little League Softball World Series

championship team, react as Bush accidentally drops his dog, Barney, Saturday, Aug. 30, 2003, at TSTC Airfield in Waco, Texas. Bush quickly scooped up the dog who was not injured. (AP Photo/Duane A. Laverty)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    D'oh!

Well....when the oppurtunity arrives...take it.

• Reply 2 of 12
    what a great photo, great faces.

glad barney's okay.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    It would probably be best not to allow the guy, who can't even stay upright on a Segway, to do anything requiring dexterity - including holding a dog.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    little mistakes like that can open a person's eyes about their own egotistic sense of invulnerability;

I fell down some steps recently, carrying my daughter, and it makes you think about everything differently . . . like sometimes when you bang your head

maybe he will 'see' what a foolhardy miserable arse he has been with regards to other people's lives (entrusted to his slippery hands) and with regards to what should have been delicate diplomacies?

. . . but I doubt it . . . . why would he start to think reflectively now? he's never had to . . . not with silver spoon all his life
  • Reply 5 of 12
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by El Whap-po

" President Bush accidentally drops his dog, Barney "

Didn't he recently rename that dog Tony...
  • Reply 6 of 12
    He's training his dog for special ops...ya know..."30 men up, 30 men down."
  • Reply 7 of 12
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    I wouldn't trust him anymore after that. Oh wait! I already don't trust him!

PS. Glad the dog wasn't hurt.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by El Whap-po

"Look at this new trick I have taught Barney. When I wiggle my behind like this it rolls around"
  • Reply 9 of 12
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by El Whap-po

Someone edit the picture so it depicts a sheep molesting the president...the kid's face in that pic would be priceless!
  • Reply 10 of 12
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    In other news today Howard Dean said that he would reverse the "dog dropping" policy of the Bush administration. He also declared that Kerry had supported Bush dropping the dog even though the dog did not represent an immediate threat. Dean did declare that the dog was likely evil though and that he would drop any evil dogs when they did represent an immediate threat.

Kerry replied that he had voted based off of information given about the dog from the administration and in hind sight, the dog looked like it was only growling and thus should not have been dropped until it was barking or possibly biting.

Colin Powell released the above photo to AlJazeera in an attempt to prove to the world that the dog had been dropped and no longer constituted a threat.

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 12
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Which one is the sheep?