Woohoo!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/LAW/09/0....ap/index.html

The right decision. Unfortunetly for the wrong reason.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    What do you mean "wrong reason"?

You think judges ought to be able to dole out death sentences, even if there is a good chance the jury might decide for life in prison (for example)?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

What do you mean "wrong reason"?

You think judges ought to be able to dole out death sentences, even if there is a good chance the jury might decide for life in prison (for example)?

No. Its the wrong reasons because death penalty is a cruel way of punishing people. Something we should be past now. Its great that tehnicalities get these people of the hook but its doesn´t really change the fact that people are being pt to the death by the state against their will.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

but its doesn´t really change the fact that people are being pt to the death by the state against their will.

Ummm I assume you didn't mean it like that...but if you do. Then I don't want to pay taxes either, but I still have to.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

No. Its the wrong reasons because death penalty is a cruel way of punishing people. Something we should be past now. Its great that tehnicalities get these people of the hook but its doesn´t really change the fact that people are being pt to the death by the state against their will.

I'm sure everyone in prison is there against their will. Hell, most people at my job are there against their will.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I post to this forum against my will.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    ...and I read many of your posts against my will.

Kidding.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Sorry but you all missed the point. Death penalty is wrong. I just spelled out what the death penalty is. The "against their will" was for those who are in the same boat as BR.

Now try again.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Sorry but you all missed the point. Death penalty is wrong. I just spelled out what the death penalty is. The "against their will" was for those who are in the same boat as BR.

Now try again.

I prefer to call it a yacht.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    And in related news, later today, this man

will oversee the execution of this man

who killed this man

because he killed these

That's some kinda food chain, ain't it?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

And in related news...

The scary thing is that Jeb probably believes the religious freak was correct to kill the doctor.