Calls only Australian ISP?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
A quick call to all Australian contributors. In the UK we have a dail up provider that charges for calls only, ie no monthly subscription fee. Is there a similar service in Australia, alternatively can you recommend a good ISP.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gardnerj

A quick call to all Australian contributors. In the UK we have a dail up provider that charges for calls only, ie no monthly subscription fee. Is there a similar service in Australia, alternatively can you recommend a good ISP.

Thanks in advance.

There were quite a number of Free internet providers until the internet bubble burst. The last one closed its doors a little while back.

I have been with several providers, the best of the pack is http://www.tpg.com.au.

If speed is not an issue, they have 56K -unlimited download for $16.99 pr month. That's about 8 or 9 Quid a month in pommy dosh.

I have found them to be very reliable.. with Australia wide coverage and rarely if every do their lines fall out.

Where are you moving too ?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Thanks for that I'll check them out. I'll be 56king it for 3 or 4 months whilst travelling. Starting in Perth and then heading east and up the east coast. Hopefully i can find some Oracle DBA/Unix sys admin work along the way which will dictate where we end up living. But no firm plans as yet. We've got a 5 year visa so theres no rush.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Hopefully i can find some Oracle DBA/Unix sys admin work along the way which will dictate where we end up living.

I'd suggest Adelaide..It's a technology hub and has plenty of Defence work...British Aero Space is here along with other world wide weapons defence people...

Besides..we're the secret culture capital of the world..plenty of unspoilt beaches & beautiful wineries & I could go on and on.....Like California but with more pommyish accents