New PB&30 inch display questions @ Cebit event

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi to all ;

Let me say that : Thanks to this forum and you guys i really learned a lot from this forum I was in the Bilisim a Cebit event in EuroAsia @ Istanbul yesterday to check out whats going on .And also visiting my friend who works for the Apple.I mainly focused on mobile technologies but let me say that : Apple stole the show with the G5!It was a beatifull machine .It was a 1.6 G5 with a 1 or 1.25 gig ram(i dont remember) and i loved it.(They opened the side panel for that clear look of this work of art!)I loved it what can i say.I think i ll buy one with the Panther in a few months.Btw: Even Apple in Istanbul had a hard time to show a G5 and they say waiting list is a mile long.Lets turn to point i was so happy to check out all the the new technology and the new G5 s i finally sit down and my friend call me to join a little party @ the Apple stand so i went there and i am starting to ask questions to him about the new powerbooks and 30 inch cinema display rumors ..after a minute later i ended up to meet a c.man ( I have been told that he is the 2 nd or 3 rd chairman in the Apple Europa division and i forgot his name!)So i direktly asked my questions to him : (Short version) : When will we see the new pb line? A: In the PB line 17&12 inch laptops are new.I bealive the next new pb will in the 15 inch line,it ll be updated.And he alos gives me hint Whic everybody knows!)Allways check the Apple stores shipping dates&in stock positionsBut again he said his words are not officially conformed.Also i asked him about the G5 Pb s and he said there is not such a think yet....He said maybe for the 2004 Summer....

Q:when will the new pb 15 inchers will be presenting?In Paris? A: No i dont think so bla bla bla no real details....

Q:What about the new cinema displays? : There will be new C.D s but not soon. Q: I hope so beacuse as far as i know Apple always matched the looks of the cases&screens and he smiled and said not very soon.

Also we talked about the Jaguar and he said Apple done a fantastic job on the Jaguar in a very short time period...and a lot of thinks about the os & gui and said it ll be the best Apple OS&Turkish localisation and thinks like that.Actually for a near 10 minutes of talking he said nothing!Just little hints.He is a nice guy and i want to bealive his words about the upcoming models but he spokes like a true politician!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    I really dont get your point of this thread...?
  • Reply 2 of 16
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Agreed. You say the guy said no time soon for Cinema Displays and Powerbook 15"er. So no real products are CeBit. Shocker.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    Wow, what a mess.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    mertmert Posts: 12member
    The point is : I am reading a lot of future hw and the other thinks in this forum and as i said i asked a few questions to a man supposed to know a lot more than rumors(Actually my questions are the hot topics of this forum)and i would like to share with you guys thats all.
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

I really dont get your point of this thread...?

to tell the mac using world that istanbul has internet access.

and drugs..
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Well aren't some of us acting a little snotty today??

1) When your Turkish is better than Mert's English, you have the right to sneer about someone's sense of syntax or punctuation.

2) He asked a question of someone, got some fairly bland stock responses that are probably honest as far as they go and chose to pass on the info. Sounds reasonable to me, esp. when compared to some of the utter hogwash that appears in this forum.

To close, give the guy a break - he wants to contribute to the debate and isn't posting flamebait, so what harm is he doing??
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Mark- Card Carrying FanaticRealist: Thanks
  • Reply 8 of 16
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mark- Card Carrying FanaticRealist

Well aren't some of us acting a little snotty today??

1) When your Turkish is better than Mert's English, you have the right to sneer about someone's sense of syntax or punctuation.

2) He asked a question of someone, got some fairly bland stock responses that are probably honest as far as they go and chose to pass on the info. Sounds reasonable to me, esp. when compared to some of the utter hogwash that appears in this forum.

To close, give the guy a break - he wants to contribute to the debate and isn't posting flamebait, so what harm is he doing??

My thoughts too.

Don't know why they were rude to that person, there was no reason for the way they answered like they did.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

and drugs..

Is this comment racest, steriotype, or just ignorant?
  • Reply 10 of 16
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Come on now, we are all Mac users/admirer's here, chill out and love someone. It's nice to hear about Apple having a nice presence in Turkey (Never new that a CeBIT EuroAsia event existed, much less Apple attending, it's good to open your mind), and it's freakin awesome to know that the G5 is making such a splash.

I have a question for ya Mert: How big is the product availability gap over in Turkey? In terms of how long before you get new products shipped out as opposed to the wait we have in the US?
  • Reply 11 of 16
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Oh yea: Welcome to the forums!

-Holmes
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Thank you Mert for sharing what you know, even if its just a few crumbs.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

and drugs..

ok, this is the funniest post i've ever read on any forum. you guys are WAY too up tight. was it a pink and fuzzy post? no, but i nearly pissed myself laughing. get over it.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by concentricity

ok, this is the funniest post i've ever read on any forum. you guys are WAY too up tight. was it a pink and fuzzy post? no, but i nearly pissed myself laughing. get over it.

Thanks Mert for the info. Looks like most predictions are true then about next rev. PB's on G4 and possible new CD's next year.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by musicaltone

Thanks Mert for the info. Looks like most predictions are true then about next rev. PB's on G4 and possible new CD's next year.

Info?
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Thank you very much to all friends

Crusader: thanks There is gap but its not that long maybe 10 or 15 days.Customs&rates is a huge problem .We pay more than %50 (Sometimes greater) to the customs for tax,S&H and lots of other thinks based on the original invoice whic is very expencive.Anythink over 100$ value goes to customs (Even FedEx,UPS or other fast carriers )So the waiting is not a problem but that customs...i hate them

Btw: On the Windows side (As you all know maybe %70 of Pc hw companys based on Asia) a lot of thinks are the same or even cheaper than the US market.So Apple have a hard time over here beacuse of the competiton but there is die-hard ,fanatic Apple people over here 2

Thanks for your kind words and warm welcome guys.