Can't eject drive...

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Installed another internal cd drive into my MDD, now the eject button only opens the second drive. Option/shift/control/command + eject won't eject the original drive so I have to use toast to do that. Anyone know the problem?

Also anyone know how to use diskutil so I can eject via terminal (I figure I can write an applescript to do this and bind an F key to the script)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Hmm...option+eject is key command on the MDD to open the second tray, so that does sound strange.

Are you sure it's not a Master/Slave issue? I'm not familiar with the cabling inside of the MDDs...are both drives on the same bus?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    make sure you have the 2 opticals set as cable select then the eject key will eject the first and the option + eject will eject the second.

You need the eject util found in fink that will eject the drive via terminal.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cybermonkey

You need the eject util found in fink that will eject the drive via terminal.

Can you use this utility to forcibly eject a CD no matter what the OS thinks about the drive being busy? On a couple of occasions the only way I've been able to eject a CD was to reboot my system while holding down the mouse button.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Can you use this utility to forcibly eject a CD no matter what the OS thinks about the drive being busy? On a couple of occasions the only way I've been able to eject a CD was to reboot my system while holding down the mouse button.

Yes. it gets you out of a sticky situation, you should also use the mount and umount script aswell
  • Reply 5 of 5
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    How do you use eject? No man pages... all it did for me was unmount all unmountable drives, not eject the empty cd drive.