pb 12" update

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
what do you think guys? will apple update this baby?

and what about prices then?

i was just wondering, because pb12" is not available at most (german) apple resellers. the entire chanel is empty. it is obviously a sign, isn't it?

best

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    rickagrickag Posts: 1,626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Vox Barbara

....i was just wondering, because pb12" is not available at most (german) apple resellers. the entire chanel is empty. it is obviously a sign, isn't it?....

best

I'm afraid not. A janitor at the Motorola plant tripped over the extension cord, used to run the plant, accidentally unplugging it.

Teams of engineers poured over plant schematics for 3 months to no avail. Fortunately, a new secretary was hired who wished to use her own coffee maker @ work and plugged the extension cord back in. Like magic the plant resumed production.

Long story short, the channel is empty because NO MPC7455/7445's were being manufactured for the intervening 3 months.

Hope this explains your questions.
  • Reply 2 of 20
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
  • Reply 3 of 20
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Most. Redundant. Thread. Evar

Screed
  • Reply 4 of 20
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    They were just updated. No way we see updated 12" PBs this year. Just buy it and be happy.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    'Sigh' one last time.

The 12" PB is great. buy one.

I did.

flick.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    so what do you think guys....will the 12incher be updated or should I just buy one right now
  • Reply 7 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackwind212

so what do you think guys....will the 12incher be updated or should I just buy one right now

.. NO BUY A COMMADOR 64.

sheesh.

flick.
  • Reply 8 of 20
    I already have a C64...as a matter a fact, that was my upgrade from my vic20.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    aslan^aslan^ Posts: 599member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

They were just updated. No way we see updated 12" PBs this year.

They were released in what, March or something, how does that qualify as "just updated" considering they didnt even exist to be updated.

Just curious, feel free to ignore my pathetically pedantic post.
  • Reply 10 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by fireants22

I already have a C64...as a matter a fact, that was my upgrade from my vic20.

Nice!

I miss Defender of the Crown.. and have never found a rom that works.

Anyway buy a powerbook.

flick.
  • Reply 11 of 20
    I say wait!! Like I said in another thread, Apple Australia have all 3 models as shipping week3/week4 Sep.

Yesterday they had only the 15 & 17" as that date....now all 3.

I think it would be pretty stupid for Apple to update the powerbooks unevenly. Yes, I know they did that with the new 12" and 17" but now that the 15" is coming in line, they are going to be updated altogether. Just wait and see....

• Reply 12 of 20
    >I miss Defender of the Crown..

You're in luck as this great game from the Amiga era is now available on the Big 'N's Gameboy Advance. I actually preferred Sinbad and King of Chicago (that I only ever became once) ...

So suddenly this thread has a purpose... Speedball anyone?
  • Reply 13 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by AsLan^

They were released in what, March or something, how does that qualify as "just updated" considering they didnt even exist to be updated.

Just curious, feel free to ignore my pathetically pedantic post.

Somebody fails to smell the ironi I see...?

He refers to Apple's new product-cycle where Powerbooks dont get updated before 12 months. (PB 15")
  • Reply 14 of 20
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I really need to add a sarcasm warning to my signature.

• Reply 15 of 20
    I have a 12" PB that shipped from Taiwan on 9/4. Should be here 9/8. What is deal on returning a product if new ones are announced on the 16th? I would assume that if 12" PB's were still being manufactured as of 9/4, there may not be an upgrade at the Expo in France?
  • Reply 16 of 20
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I really need to add a sarcasm warning to my signature.

I guess so the n00bs don't take your comments the wrong way.

AsLan^, generally whenever murbot says something really silly like that, you can just smile and nod.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    In light of the Monday rumor concerning updated powerbooks, perhaps the 12" powerbook shipped from Taiwan (9/4) is really the updated model? I can hope, can't I.

It just seems odd that Apple would have cleared the channel of 12" powerbooks and then decide to start making them again last week only to stop making the "old" ones and start the new ones Monday. I have seen others posting that they have received notification of the 15" shipping on 9/4, also.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    I am very confident that they will be updated this Tuesday.

Why? Because I just got mine on Friday!
  • Reply 19 of 20
    neilybneilyb Posts: 128member
    good luck to those holding out for the updated 12inch PB.

I just got mine this weekend.

No time to wait, and with the edu discount, i couldn't pass it up. I figure when the update comes out the retail price will go back up by $200, along with it the edu price.

so far i'm lovin this puppy!

neilyB
  • Reply 20 of 20
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    This thread is going nowhere.

I agree though...regardless of an upcoming update the Edu discounts are hard to pass up sometimes.

Locked!