Lacie DVD Writer

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Anyone know anything about this drive? http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10100

I am going to be gettig a new DVD burner, and I haven't seen any reviews on this one yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, I don't know much about the drive itself, but at least it comes with DVD video recording software. It's probably not great, but better than spending $1000 for DVD Studio Pro since iDVD doesn't work with external drives.

I don't know, are there any non-Apple DVD authoring programs that work with external DVD drives? Preferably ones that are cheap (not $1000 like DVD SP)?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Any ideas of a better drive out there? Lots of talk about the new Pioneer and Sony drives, and the specs on the Lacie make me think it is made by Pioneer. The sofware is decent, but for my needs it will be okay.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    I had one and took it back, I had a number of problems with it, it's worth you knowing that it's a Sony drive inside, not the "Apple-friendlier" Pioneer 106 - which I would recommend you look for.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Thanks for the reply. I definitely want the Pioneer drive.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

I don't know, are there any non-Apple DVD authoring programs that work with external DVD drives? Preferably ones that are cheap (not $1000 like DVD SP)?

DVDSP2 is only $499.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jaredjared Posts: 639member
    My father bought one and he loves it.