I love Applecare!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have heard terrible things as of late regarding Apple care and screen problems. Well, last weekend a very weird problem manifested on my PowerBook. A vertical band appeared in the middle of my screen, about an inch wide from top to bottom. By wed. the whole screen was washed out and I could barely read or discern what was on the screen. My computer is about a year and a half old, so I was under the impression that my AppleCare period was up. I took it in to an Apple authorized service center and the service guy said the screen would have to be replaced and he could not do it. It would have to be sent to Apple, tier three repair( over $1000) I was upset... two days later ie. yesterday the computer is back, completely new screen and they even put new little bumpers on the underside of the PB. The kicker... no charge, no shipping and handling, and I swear this screen is brighter and clearer than what I had before. Call me elated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    So you didn't extend Applecare beyond the included one year and still got the screen replaced? Nice.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    Even though mine was in the warranty, I got my mouse and keyboard replaced. They're really nice to talk to

Lol, I also had to get a quarter out of my CD drive since some little child that was visiting put it in (remember, the G3 iMac's drive? The one where it looks like a mouth?)
  • Reply 3 of 3
    No I didn't, but they said it was under a three year warranty. I wasn't going to argue. Is there supposed to be an extended warranty on screens.