For Sale: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra Card

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
For Sale:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra Card. AGP 8x. Brand new. 64 MB RAM. From a G5. I bought a ATI 9800, dont need the 5200 now.

$100.00 US via Paypal. I pay ground shipping from midwest USA.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Umm, just a question, why did you buy a 9800 instead of doing a CTO...? The retail 9800 is 4x/2x, NOT the 8x that is only on the CTO versions...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

For Sale:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra Card. AGP 8x. Brand new. 64 MB RAM. From a G5. I bought a ATI 9800, dont need the 5200 now.

$100.00 US via Paypal. I pay ground shipping from midwest USA.

Didn't want to pay tax probably. If he's in a 8 or 8.5% state that could be quite a bite. Plus some retailers are discounting or throwing in extra memory.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    dstranathan,

Let me know your opinion on the retail 9800 Pro.

Would like to know how the install went and if you encountered any nagging problems.

Might pull the trigger on one.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by msantti

dstranathan,

Let me know your opinion on the retail 9800 Pro.

Would like to know how the install went and if you encountered any nagging problems.

Might pull the trigger on one.

Pull!

Cuts through my FPS games like butter. Hot gooey melted butter. I have EVERYTHING in-game set to higest quality. I run at 1280x1024 usually. I have most of the ATI's settings to high or highest. Very good card indeed.

I have tested Ghost Recon, America's Army, UT 2003, MoH Speardhead, and Quake 3.

The card is so fast it actually gives me an edge against enimies who lag due to their GPUs bogging down. My 9800 plows through it all. Now I intentionally try and use weapons that can framerates for others to drop (like the SAW, etc), so that I can punish the weak and kill the slow. PC users have been doing it to me for years. Now it's MY TURN.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    For Sale threads belong in General Discussion, moving there now.

(and of course, it gives you a nice little bump)

• Reply 6 of 6
    resres Posts: 711member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dstranathan

I have tested Ghost Recon, America's Army, UT 2003, MoH Speardhead, and Quake 3.

Can you post what frame rate you get in UT2003 for the botmatch with everything turned on? I've would really appreciate it.