Comical Rummi

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What is it about Iraq that makes people in the land talk such bullshit in the face of the self-evident?

There he is, Rumsfeld, trying to tell the world that "a wonderful start has been made" to the reconstruction.

Oh yes. And all the soldiers are having a great time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

What is it about Iraq that makes people in the land talk such bullshit in the face of the self-evident?

There he is, Rumsfeld, trying to tell the world that "a wonderful start has been made" to the reconstruction.

Oh yes. And all the soldiers are having a great time.

I think he might be referring to the massive profits the " USA only " reconstruction companies will be reaping..

Not that he has any shares of course...\
  • Reply 2 of 8
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    I truly don't understand ... who is he trying to fool? Does he think that the soldiers don't tell anyone at home what's going on there? Does he think that we don't watch the telly or read news on the internet?

Is there anyone who thinks trusts this guy on these boards?

Speak up ...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I'm with Aquafire. It's a wonderful start, depending on where you're standing.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I can tell you there are plenty of BLOATED-PICK-UP-Truck driving DUDES in this town that will eat up every word without even the shadow of a second thought

However they don't actualy watch the news (except for maybe Entertainment Tonight) and will get their info from Limbaugh or O'Rielly . . .
  • Reply 5 of 8
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Perhaps Rummy spoke too soon?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I also noticed how Rummi is on the offensive against any/all vocal critics of the war and the administration. Isn't that convenient! If you're critical and outspoken about these hawks and their policies, you're inadvertently aiding the terrorists! Oh, I see.

Quote:

From The Washington Post:

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said on Monday opposition to the U.S. President was encouraging Washington's enemies and hindering his 'war against terrorism'.

He said if Washington's enemies believed Bush might waver or his opponents prevail, that could increase support for their activities.

"They take heart in that and that leads to more money going into these activities or that leads to more recruits or that leads to more encouragement or that leads to more staying power," he told reporters traveling with him on his plane.

The rhetoric starts out this way and by the time it goes through the talk-radio echo chambers it ends up "if you criticise the president and his mission than you're an un-american, terrorist supporting, pinko!" Watch. It'll happen, for this I'm certain.

See, this rhetoric will be the new mantra from here on until the election. It will be repeated, ad nauseum, until enough Americans believe it to be true (Gore is a liar, Gore is a liar, Gore is a liar...).

It will only take a moment before someone around here defends Rummi on this...
  • Reply 7 of 8
    That's funny...according to Rumsfeld's Rules (pdf - 2/20/01 revision)

Quote:

If you are not criticized, you may not be doing much.

Of course, Rumsfeld's Rules also state...

Quote:

Don?t begin to think you?re the President. You?re not. The Constitution provides for only one.

and

Quote:

Don?t divide the world into "them" and "us."

and

Quote:

Remember the public trust. Strive to preserve and enhance the integrity of the office of the Presidency. Pledge to leave it stronger than when you came.

not to mention

Quote:

Public servants are paid to serve the American people. Do it well.

...so I guess he hasn't re-read them too recently.