What happend to style? G5 looks like a PC.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
There is a few themes that apple computers had successfuly mastered with a cost, but all failed to be respresented in the G5.

Such as style, small size, less wires.

The G5 is none of the aboves, doesn't have the nice style of the new Imac which I like. It doesn't have the compressed size of a G4 cube as a lightweight. And what happened to apples idea of less wires? This thing probably has more wiring to be done outside than inside.

So my conclusion is, what makes the G5 different from a PC?

We already know currently it's much slower than a PC, and much more expensive. So what is it?

Apple has lost its roots, G5 is dead ugly. I read a few apple sites and forums, many apple users don't like the G5 aesthetics either.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    Go away.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Ditto.
  • Reply 3 of 31
    The G5 is beautiful... it really is... I like it so much better than the G4 Power Mac. Have you ever seen one in real life? I bet you haven't... It looks so much better than than in the pictures

F*** you SS Manic Devlin
  • Reply 4 of 31
    ARE YOU ON CRACK? I know your a PC user, F***ING Troll!

"...go forth and multiply yourself!"
  • Reply 5 of 31
    Feed not the troll. *yawn*
  • Reply 6 of 31
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    In my opinion, the G5 design is great. It's not like I'm getting one anytime soon , but it's still nice to see where they're going.

And I think that you can't just "say" that it's slower than a PC all the time. Different people use computers for different things, and different programs run at different speeds on different setups. So basically it's all about preference.

As far as I'm concerned, PC's look a lot different, compared to the company (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) that made them. I have an HP in my house that's not too bad-looking IMO. There's also my iMac which does go a hell of a lot slower, but I'm not complaining after I got a RAM chip.

Well, at least we don't have to deal with worms and viruses I guess. Never seen one in my life, on either system. Lucky lucky me
  • Reply 7 of 31
    Over a hidden vally, along a dirt path, a sign stands... and it reads...

"DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!"

On the ground neer the sign there are posts with troll teeth marks.

One of the posts came from jwill.
  • Reply 8 of 31
    Quote:

We already know currently it's much slower than a PC, and much more expensive. So what is it?

ROFL!!!!! TROLL!!!!

ok so just to feed the troll...

Its FASTER then a PC , theres not THAT many wires, check it out:

-Wire from apple display: ONE!

-Wire from the tower to the wall: ONE!

-Wire from key board: NONE!!! (wireless soon)

-Wire from mouse: NONE (wireless soon)

ok so: 1 + 1 = 2 o yes 2 wires is ALOT !!

And it doesn't cost that much $3,000 is probly alot for a computer but NOT for a high end computer like dells $4,500 computer of comparable speed.

how many times do I have to say it!?!?!

YOU SS MANIC DEVLIN CAN NOT PROVE THAT THE POWERMAC G5 IS SLOWER THEN PCs!!!!!

the 1.6Ghz model is just as fast as a 2.6 GHz PC so eat that PEECEE LOVER!!!

• Reply 9 of 31
    Banned!!!!!!!
  • Reply 10 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Banned!!!!!!!

ha ha... what a loser
  • Reply 11 of 31
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

Over a hidden vally, along a dirt path, a sign stands... and it reads...

"DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!"

On the ground neer the sign there are posts with troll teeth marks.

One of the posts came from jwill.

Whoops. I apologize for that one.
  • Reply 12 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwill

Whoops. I apologize for that one.

Don't feel bad...

Wireless

MacUsers

and myself all gave the troll something to munch on.

Let us all learn from this...
  • Reply 13 of 31
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    i dunno.

i kind of agree with him.

apple is too conservative these days with their design(s).

im utterly dissapointed in the G5 design. While nice, it doesn't really bring anything new and exciting to the table, is in many ways a step backwards from the old case, and is still just a nicely skinned tower design
  • Reply 14 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

i dunno.

im utterly dissapointed in the G5 design. While nice, it doesn't really bring anything new and exciting to the table, is in many ways a step backwards from the old case, and is still just a nicely skinned tower design

CRACK YE BE ON!
  • Reply 15 of 31
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

im utterly dissapointed in the G5 design.

It's less wasteful than the old cases. No more big, bubbly plastic to contend with. I agree that the fold-out door was better before, but I think this new case has a better future.

Style, well, that's always debate-able.
  • Reply 16 of 31
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

i dunno.

BAN!

BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BA N!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN! BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BA N!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN! BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BA N!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BOYBAND!BAN!BAN! BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!BAN!
  • Reply 17 of 31
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SS Manic Devlin

There is a few themes that apple computers had successfuly mastered with a cost, but all failed to be respresented in the G5.

Such as style, small size, less wires.

The G5 is none of the aboves, doesn't have the nice style of the new Imac which I like. It doesn't have the compressed size of a G4 cube as a lightweight. And what happened to apples idea of less wires? This thing probably has more wiring to be done outside than inside.

So my conclusion is, what makes the G5 different from a PC?

Apple has lost its roots, G5 is dead ugly. I read a few apple sites and forums, many apple users don't like the G5 aesthetics either.

when you see a g5 next to anything else it such a standout in elegant style that i watched people just stare at it. those handles simple elegant fashion statement, think different. such a forum topic is a waste on the apple loyal and those of style
  • Reply 18 of 31
    Ya all those wires!!!!

One cable for the keyboard and mouse, one for ethernet, one for the display, and one for power... A whopping 4 wires!!!... well ok so one more if you want good speakers. And some people dont need ethernet, or good speakers... so some people can even survive with just 3 wires...

i would probably die with all those cables
  • Reply 19 of 31
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

It's less wasteful than the old cases. No more big, bubbly plastic to contend with. I agree that the fold-out door was better before, but I think this new case has a better future.

Style, well, that's always debate-able.

less wasteful?

1. it's much larger than the old case

2. It has far less internal expansion that the old case

your point?

HOMERUN!!!! YANKEES 2 RUN HR woo hooo

sorrie :-D
  • Reply 20 of 31
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    ban