How do I change the order of 3rd party menu bar icons?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I know how to change the order of the Apple installed menu bar icons (hold down the apple and drag them to their new position), but how do I change the order of 3rd party icons placed there? I just installed Aladdin's Internet Cleaner, and it placed three icons on the menu bar, pushing some I find more important, like WeatherPop, to the left, where they're covered up by pull down menus from whatever app is running. I'd like to either delete the icons or change their order. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

eBoy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Moving to Genius Bar.

J 8)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    beaten to the punch

nm

• Reply 3 of 8
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Change the order you launch them in.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Does anyone know if it's possible to move MenuCalendar around?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    jwilljwill Posts: 209member
    If the menu extra's an application, you can't move it and it will always appear to the left in the order it's launched. If it's a real menu extra, hold command and move it freely.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I tried changing the launch order using the Login Items menu in Sys Prefs, if that's what you're referring to, to no avail. Is there another place to do this? Further, while some Login Items are clearly labeled, some are not ( I have 4 different items marked "SOX Schedule 4.0.5" in Login Items).

Thanks,

eBoy
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Does anyone know if it's possible to move MenuCalendar around?

Yes and no. Older versions (circa 10.1) would move around depending on the order the application was launched. The newer ones (1.1e and up) stay at the top right.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I wanted to bump this topic up, because I'm facing the same issue now. Have there been any advances on the Menu Bar Icon front since September 9th, 2003?