Are these new 20 & 40 iPods even thinner?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
than the old 10,15,and 30 gig versions?

I don't have specs of these but the Apple web site just mentions, that it's smaller than ever.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    No, they are the same. Just larger disks.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Just larger disks

Nope. Larger Capacity!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    onitonit Posts: 44member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Nope. Larger Capacity!

How does a higher capacity 20gig differ from the old 20gig?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    onitonit Posts: 44member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onit

Woops, didn't realize the old mid-range was 15gig (there used to be a 20gig). Ignore the question.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    bjerbjer Posts: 67member
    Quote:

Originally posted by onit

The old 20 gig was really old old. The new ones WERE 10,15 and 30. They bumped the 15 to 20 and 30 to 40.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Woops, didn't realize the old mid-range was 15gig (there used to be a 20gig). Ignore the question.

Go to your room.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    It was a cert that there would be new iPods released shortly - I bought mine (30Gb) last month.

Oh well.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ernest eMac

It was a cert that there would be new iPods released shortly - I bought mine (30Gb) last month.

Oh well.

I'm actually surprised of this update so soon after the previous 10,15,and 30 gig models.

I guess it's just a matter of available hard drive capacity and keeping up with the competition.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Yeah, it can't be hard for them to just pop in bigger hard drives. They didn't change anything else, did they?
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Is there anything out there that can compete? I heard a while ago about the Creative Nomad Jukebox reaching 60GB and "dwarfing the iPod." They probably meant size, not capacity. But still haven't seen this mysterious devide, and the best thing Creative has on their website is 20GB (and they are extremely fugly).
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

I guess it's just a matter of available hard drive capacity and keeping up with the competition.

What competition? There is nothing else out there even remotely close. Jobs said it himself, they are on the third gen. of iPods and the competition hasn't even come close to the first gen. iPods will be king of the hill for a long time now, and maybe even forever if Apple can help it.