Random questions (printing and DV streams)

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I've got a couple of unrelated questions for the masses again.

First, Is there a way to schedule a weekly automated printing of a test page? I just had to replace cartridges because they were gummed up beyond help from non-use and would like to prevent this from recurring.

Second, Is there a way to view an incoming DV stream fullscreen or near fullscreen? My TV crapped out awhile back and I've got a VCR and a Dazzle DV-bridge.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Printing a test page.

I assume you leave the printer turned on all the time? It might be better to turn off the printer. I believe that in the off state the print nozzles are better protected. Check with your printer manufacturer.

You could set yourself an alarm in iCal reminding you to turn on the printer once in a while and print a page.

---

Viewing a DV stream.

There is an app called BTV (check on version tracker) which will do this for $20.

It sticks in my mind that this spring there was a news item about an app from Apple that would let you view any video coming over FireWire. I've searched around a bit but can't find it. Perhaps someone else can recall the details. I believe that was free.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    overhopeoverhope Posts: 1,123member
    Not from Apple, but Video Viewer ($9 shareware) will display any incoming Firewire video signal full-screen. Cool options include transparent floating windows and the ability to use the video as your Desktop.

Works a treat