are the dual G5s finding their way home?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I know this is becoming dull but did some early and less early orders of a dual 2.0 G5 came to fulfilment ?

I'm still waiting for mine. Ordered around 07-15.

\

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PCoutsider

I know this is becoming dull but did some early and less early orders of a dual 2.0 G5 came to fulfilment ?

I'm still waiting for mine. Ordered around 08-15.

\

Ordered mine on 8/3. Still no change to the status.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    Quote:

I'm still waiting for mine. Ordered around 08-15.

\

I ordered mine within a minute of them going on sale. I have received both of my BTO 1.6 machines, but no sign of my BTO dualie.

J
  • Reply 3 of 17
    revsrevs Posts: 93member
    ordered ummm 21/07 i think... still waiting...

revs
  • Reply 4 of 17
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jaysedai

I ordered mine within a minute of them going on sale. I have received both of my BTO 1.6 machines, but no sign of my BTO dualie.

J

What did you BTO?

Stail waiting for my BTO(9800+Bluetooth) dualie ordered 6/26 here...
  • Reply 5 of 17
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    I saw Bigfoot using a dual G5 to iChat with Nessie; one of his Grey buddies tipped him off that the Area 51 Apple Store has them in stock.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by wmf

I saw Bigfoot using a dual G5 to iChat with Nessie; one of his Grey buddies tipped him off that the Area 51 Apple Store has them in stock.

Now that's funny!!
  • Reply 7 of 17
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    For the UK users out there, my dealer told me that the 15th of Sept. was the 'official' launch date for the G5, and that they would have all the machines in stock by then.

I don't know what they meant by 'official', but I'll believe it when I see it!
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiah

For the UK users out there, my dealer told me that the 15th of Sept. was the 'official' launch date for the G5, and that they would have all the machines in stock by then.

That fits with a mail I got last night from the UK Apple Store saying that mine would be shipped "3rd week" of September. I ordered on July 2nd, so I'm not one of the first minute clickers.

... However, I have been buttering up my sales contact with honeyed words....
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

I'm still waiting for mine. Ordered around 07-15.

\

I ordered my Dual 2.0 on 8/12. It is scheduled to ship on 10/23.

I ordered a new Dell laptop on 9/06 with a ship date of 9/15. I checked the status today and it has shipped. Sure would be nice if Apple could do this???

Don't worry, I am not a windows guy. The Dell is for Linux and BeOs.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    ordered on June 28, ship date is still September 29...
  • Reply 11 of 17
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    ordered 7/3, is set to ship next tuesday, the 16th. will try and remember to post here if/when it arrives.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    I ordered my standard 2.0 dual on 6/23. After a few days with an expected ship date (after the orginal 8/29 of course) of 9/29 mine moved and has remained 9/22. Hopefully sooner!
  • Reply 13 of 17
    BTO combo orderes 07/06 still slated for 09/22. Anticipation sucks ass.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    4-9 business days until shipping according to the email Apple sent after the 8/29 delay.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    As I've posted before somewhere around here, I saw 8 dualies stacked in our campus computer store at the University of California San Francisco. They had the other models as well. This was last week sometime. Sorry to all those of you waiting patiently, but looks like edu got first in line.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    While were on the topic, I thought this was rather funny:

http://www.macedition.com/partingsho...t_20030910.php
  • Reply 17 of 17
    I just checked my email and surprise, surprise, my G5 2.0 dual was shipped today : ) ) )

I ordered the first day through the Fed. employees program, a standard unit. I will be able to track it shipping wise, tomorrow.

They are on their way!