Best bluetooth adapter for mac?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm looking to get a nokia 3650 phone so I can use it with my iBook. My iBook doesn't have bluetooth built in so I need to buy and adapter.

Which ones are the best/cheapest? I found the D-Link one on amazon for $39...I wouldn't mind having one that has a cool blue LED on it or something either...

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    The dLink has won several tests.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    i use the dlink with my wife's nokia 3650. it's sweet. i can sync her phone from my office in the basement to her purse just about wherever it is in the house.

one note, that will help you from banging your head on the wall.....

turn off firewall when syncing!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    spazspaz Posts: 58member
    i have the D-Link as well - works like a charm.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I've got one from Belkin...it was about $40. It works fine with my S56...no complaints. It will definately stand out against your iBook, it's dark grey or black (I can't remember)...oh, and, of course, it has a little blue LED that blinks while it searches!

All very exciting stuff, I know.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    bill mbill m Posts: 324member
    I also have the Belkin. Works great with a Palm Tungsten, BT mobile phones and my wife's iBook 800. Manual claims up to 100ft range, which I haven't tested, but it seems to work just fine almost anywhere around the house. It comes with a handy extension cable which I have hooked to a usb hub.