A note to trolls

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I invite you guys to discuss the architectures of the x86 and the PPC with me. Eugene may chime in, maybe not.

Bottom Line:

I haven't met an educated troll. PLease try to prove me wrong. (And I hate computers, so my limited CE knowledge should be easy to overcome).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    ding-dong?
  • Reply 2 of 41
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    When I do reply, which isn't often, I try to give answers that have little or no reply.

Troll: "PeeCee rules. Macs suck. ADM64 monster CPU is XX times faster than G5 blah blah blah"

Me: "Okay! Thanks! We didn't know that!"
  • Reply 3 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I invite you guys to discuss the architectures of the x86 and the PPC with me.

What's the point? They'll only get banned anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 41
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    they wouldn't get banned if they actually managed a discussion.
  • Reply 5 of 41
    I invite you all to respond to my "think different" topic.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=30263

You all know that it's the truth, macs are lower peforming yet higher costing machines.

And I debunked all that crap that they are made in better quality.

Obviously the moderators don't like the truth, maybe because they are in denial.
  • Reply 6 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

You've made so many claims that these PCs are faster but never given an ounce of evidence to support your claim. But I don't want to get back into this endless cycle of: "Well, this benchmark says this." "That benchmark is a load of crap." "No, it's not." "Yes, it is." ...and so on.

I think we can safely conclude that the fastest affordable consumer PCs and the fastest Macs are very close on the performance front. Ditto for laptops. There's no sense in arguing whether your Mercedes or my BMW accelerates faster. They both get you to Del Taco eventually.

But we all have preferences. Perhaps the need you exhibit to discredit the Mac shows some deficiency elsewhere in your life (or your anatomy).

Get a PC. Please. Leave iTunes and iMovie and iDVD and ease of use to us. You can keep your FPS games for all I care.

But you will NEVER, EVER convince any Mac user that the "fun" factor and the "wow" factor and the "I feel so great I don't have to deal with the latest worm" factor is meaningless. Personally, I don't care if PCs were half the price of Macs. I'd still get a Mac if I could afford it, and if I couldn't I still wouldn't settle for M$ no matter what. The truth is that Microsoft software is complete crap, and that includes the OS. It's uglier, less stable, and less secure. If you disagree, fine. Buy a PC. But don't shove baseless crap arguments down our throats. You'll never, ever understand that the fact is that we just like Mac better. Get over it.

Benchmarks are evidence, if you discrediting benchmarks then how can apple assume to have the fastest personal computer with the G5 line?

So you would agree that G5 are not the fastest? Oh wait, you confused now... Benchmarks from apple is the God holy truth, yet from third party neutral benchmarks which many were APPLE USERS, and PC users alike, have proven the vast superiority in performance of the x86 architecture. Secondly, what fun factor would that be? There is as much problems with mac software than there is in any OS, the difference is there is alot less people using macs, that's why you think it is secure.

I am not arguing that you like macs better, I am arguing with those who think MACS ARE BETTER than pcs.

There is alot of trolls in mac forums, they simply are Positive trolls, meaning reassuring themselves at any degree that macs are made by Gods hands and are superior at all aspects of computing. I don't see anyone discrediting those people.

God forbid anyone tells the truth about macs negative side. What a blasphemy would that be.

You think PC users defend MS, Intel or anything relating to PC at all costs? No, most pc users like make decisions based on common sense. Such as cost & performance.

Last but not the least, i find it interesting that you relate PCs directly with MS. As if PC are not compatible with other OSes.

If you hate MS so much, I don't understand how you would like Apple. It's simply worse, just look at it... It has a monopoly on its hardware and software, while PC users are very free to chose their own hardware, build their own computers, and choose their own OSES.

Very little can be said for Apple machines which are specifically made for a certain OS, and even the different version of the OS, creates incompabilities with its OWN DAMN hardware.
  • Reply 7 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by DVLN

I invite you all to respond to my "think different" topic. You all know that it's the truth, macs are lower peforming yet higher costing machines.

And I debunked all that crap that they are made in better quality.

Obviously the moderators don't like the truth, maybe because they are in denial.

oh joy, someone escapped from the idiot brigade...

• Reply 8 of 41
    Quote:

It has a monopoly on its hardware and software

There is much in your post I comment on, but I will refrain myself to this tidbit.

You cannot have a Monopoly on your own product. Your statement (quoted above) doesn't mean anything. It's like saying McDonalds has a monopoly on BigMacs. No Shit! M$ has a "monopoly" on the Windows OS. And curiously enough Dell has a "monopoly" on Dell computers. It is reasons like this that troll threads get locked.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go catch a flight to London...
  • Reply 9 of 41
    Actually, if you could do me a favor and list in what ways you believe PC's are better than Macs, then we might have something to work from.
  • Reply 10 of 41
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Last but not the least, i find it interesting that you relate PCs directly with MS. As if PC are not compatible with other OSes.

If you hate MS so much, I don't understand how you would like Apple. It's simply worse, just look at it... It has a monopoly on its hardware and software, while PC users are very free to chose their own hardware, build their own computers, and choose their own OSES.

Very little can be said for Apple machines which are specifically made for a certain OS, and even the different version of the OS, creates incompabilities with its OWN DAMN hardware.

Face it, most people use Windows on their PCs because they don't have the time or patience to use anything else like Linux and so on. Would you not also agree that most PC users DON'T build their own machines and have no interest in doing so?

Yes, Apple DOES have a monopoly on the hardware and software. It didn't used to for a while, and the Mac platform was starting to become a bit shaky because Power Computing and the other clone makers were starting to head the Mac down the same road that PCs are still traveling.

Do you know what PC I'd actually consider buying? A Microsoft computer. If MS could actually build their own systems with their OS installed on them, I would have more confidence in that than another company trying to make their hardware work with an OS that doesn't even belong to them.

But then let's get back to the issue of the OS. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that in a head-to-head comparison of Windows XP/2000/whatever vs. Mac OS X, the Apple OS would win hands down. It's more stable, less prone to viruses, more functional, and certainly more attractive. Really, I'd be curious to know what you think is so much better about Windows than OS X.

It's true that PCs have reigned supreme as far as raw processing power has been concerned...until the G5. Let's face it, PCs and Macs are now at least even where that's concerned, and the G5 is only going to keep pulling out ahead.

Finally, people keep ragging on Macs because they're not good gaming machines. In all honesty, I couldn't care less about that. See, I actually try to spend the time on my computer by doing something CONSTRUCTIVE. If I wanted to play video games, I'd just buy a friekin' XBox or PS2.

Have fun with your viruses and hardware incompatibilities. I'll just keep my Mac, thanks.
  • Reply 11 of 41
    you guys realize that a thread like this is just troll bait; there is really no substance to most of the posts in here because you're all valiantly defending the mac, and in turn, preaching to the choir. I don't know about you guys, but I don't get off on reading that And see what it did, it made the god damn troll come back and we had to ban him again...

• Reply 12 of 41
    *yawns*
  • Reply 13 of 41
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    I'm sorry guys, but DVLN has me convinced. I don't know what I was thinking buying these overpriced and underperforming apple computers. Logic and FCP are just kids toys compared to what's available on windows.

That's it. I'm selling my three macs ASAP and going to get a good solid emachine. Thank you for helping me see the light, DVLN. I hope the rest of you wake up from your apple brainwashing.
  • Reply 14 of 41
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Has anyone got some benchmarks from a RedHat Intel machine vs. a G5 on Yellowdog? I believe Yellowdog is the RedHat variant of Linux so this would be a decent comparison of actual physical hardware, although not of the true user experience on each machine.
  • Reply 15 of 41
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey LoCash, I was starting to think I was the only one who thought this thread was funny.

"Hey Troll, come over here. I want to have a nice intelligent discussion with you, Troll."

Yeah, that's not going to put someone on the defensive at all.

• Reply 16 of 41
    Macs really are garbage. For instance, 3D studio max runs super fast on my pentium 4 (I just got it after selling my 3 macs today thanks to DVLN). Apple is so slow it won't even install. Now that's slow.

And what kind of nut thinks Logic is better than cubase. I mean, it's cubase! The best sequencer ever designed. Logic looks like it was made by a bunch of retarded apes.
  • Reply 17 of 41
    not only that but games... oh pleeeeeease....

Quake on PC runs sooo much.... what?

oh eeee uhm... gotta go!
  • Reply 18 of 41
    I hear macs are OK for graphic design, but they suck for everything else because they are sooooo sloooowwww.
  • Reply 19 of 41
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    This thread is proof that this forum is troll heaven.

I mean, you guys are biting at the bait of a hypothetical troll. That has to be a record low.
  • Reply 20 of 41
    I don't want to start a holy war here, but what is the deal with you Mac fanatics? I've been sitting here at my freelance gig in front of a Mac (a 8600/300 w/64 Megs of RAM) for about 20 minutes now while it attempts to copy a 17 Meg file from one folder on the hard drive to another folder. 20 minutes. At home, on my Pentium Pro 200 running NT 4, which by all standards should be a lot slower than this Mac, the same operation would take about 2 minutes. If that.

In addition, during this file transfer, Netscape will not work. And everything else has ground to a halt. Even BBEdit Lite is straining to keep up as I type this.

I won't bore you with the laundry list of other problems that I've encountered while working on various Macs, but suffice it to say there have been many, not the least of which is I've never seen a Mac that has run faster than its Wintel counterpart, despite the Macs' faster chip architecture. My 486/66 with 8 megs of ram runs faster than this 300 mhz machine at times. From a productivity standpoint, I don't get how people can claim that the Macintosh is a superior machine.

Mac addicts, flame me if you'd like, but I'd rather hear some intelligent reasons why anyone would choose to use a Mac over other faster, cheaper, more stable systems.