Apple's Secret Prototype Revealed!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is this Apple's new iMac Prototype? I hope so. I love it. It's small, compact, decent sized screen. Looks like it could be the next big thing. I just hope they upgrade the internals.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 35
  • Reply 2 of 35
    Although impossible, imagine how slow OS X would be on this thing.
  • Reply 3 of 35
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    If it isn't a Photoshop job it's probably an iMac or a G4 Cube motherboard in there, so it wouldn't be that bad.
  • Reply 4 of 35
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    http://www.nextro.com/nextro/english/i30.html

That's the full page. It uses a 10.4" LCD screen at 1024x768.

Looks like an iMac motherboard.
  • Reply 5 of 35
    I am just amazed that Apple would back-track like this with their design. What are they thinking?
  • Reply 6 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by Krob81

I am just amazed that Apple would back-track like this with their design. What are they thinking?

What are you talking about? It's retro man, be cool.

• Reply 7 of 35
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    It would sure suit my furniture!
  • Reply 8 of 35
    No, no, no. Apple retired the rainbow logo years ago.
  • Reply 9 of 35
    "i/30 TFTTM

G4/700MHz, 800MHz or 1GHz"!!!

wtf!
  • Reply 10 of 35
    I just bought one from their site. I cant wait! Do you think that in a few months Apple will make them in 5 fruity colors?
  • Reply 11 of 35
    I call fake.
  • Reply 12 of 35
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Some day I am putting a Cube guts into my Color Classic. Someday. It will live again, as more then a jukebox.
  • Reply 13 of 35
    Old Skool macs
  • Reply 14 of 35
    hmmm, ..... beige???
  • Reply 15 of 35
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    It's terrific. The only thing is a USB keyboard is going to look incongruous.
  • Reply 16 of 35
    Pretty funny. . . But are the two shots of the same machine? The first picture is an SE/30, but the second one identifies the Mac as a Classic.
  • Reply 17 of 35
    Floppies are BACK!!!!
  • Reply 18 of 35
    Now this is the AI forums I remember everyone poking fun, and making the cool comments that only AI members can make.

It is about time we had a post like this. I am so sick .........and tired (in a Bill Cosby voice) of reading about those damn Powerbook upgrades and how everyone is so depressed because they are not out yet.
  • Reply 19 of 35
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    I wonder how long they will be able to do this? remember what happened to the company that was re-selling eMacs with DVD-R drives?
  • Reply 20 of 35
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Big Mac

Pretty funny. . . But are the two shots of the same machine? The first picture is an SE/30, but the second one identifies the Mac as a Classic.

They're not from the same machine. That picture of the back was the only picture of that type that had a large version, so I used it. Click the link in my previous post to see ALL the pictures.

EDIT: Here's the back of the SE/30

This is most definitely a flat panel iMac modification.

And here's the front to the Classic

Also on their site it, between all the Japanese, it mentions a 10" color Trinitron CRT so that must be the "cheaper" option.