need advice: online store with education prices & apple loan

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey y'all. I'm about to order a new machine, and I'm looking for an online store other than the apple store that gives education prices and also accepts apple loans. I've found several that have one or the other but none with both. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by johnjosephbachir

Hey y'all. I'm about to order a new machine, and I'm looking for an online store other than the apple store that gives education prices and also accepts apple loans. I've found several that have one or the other but none with both. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

If you find one, let us know. I'd love to know about it. And if they don't charge tax I'd give you my first born! (ok, my fiancee might have something to say about that, so don't get your hopes up....)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

If you find one, let us know. I'd love to know about it. And if they don't charge tax <snip>

well terrasoft gives the same education discount as apple, and i'm assuming doesn't have a place in texas (8.5% sales tax) so does not charge tax. also they give you a copy of yellowdog linux. if i can get a dual 2g with a combo drive from them, i might try to pony up the money right now (instead of using my 6 months same as cash apple loan).

then again other places offer either 512 or sometimes 1 gig (pcconnection) of ram, so that has to be worked into the equation.

another factor is that i would have been able to qualify for a $100 student developer membership (with a one time hardware discount that is even greater than the education discount), except i just so happen to be working this semester, and i think i need to show them a current course schedule.... i guess i'll give them a call tomorrow and see if i can work something out.

i'll also be calling several online retailers and i'll report back with what i find.