VPC and airport

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know why even try this, since I have a mac and airport. Well there is a good chance that my work when it upgrades our teleradiology system to broadband/ web based that even though you need MS IE 4+,( 5.2 came with OS X) it won't work on a mac. I would use this 7 days a month, but want out of PC world,(gee wonder why-- !!!!) and get the PB 15, So under VPC would i configure the wireless lan connection just as i did with my work Dell PC?? has anyone out there done that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    While I won't comment on your incoherent phrasing and puctuation, I can say that a Mac, even without VPC will work on a Windows LAN, and any program that your work uses will work in VPC.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

While I won't comment on your incoherent phrasing and puctuation, I can say that a Mac, even without VPC will work on a Windows LAN, and any program that your work uses will work in VPC.

Thanks for being sooo collegial. So, VPC would be able to configure the airport card to connect to my airport BS and thus i could use IE (and windows)to access my work program??? would then VPC have to have an airport card driver???

This is so i can get rid of my pc and get the new PB. I own this dell connected to my ABS just for this purpose. I know it is cheaper to just keep this dell, but i want that new 15 PB....does this make more sense????
  • Reply 3 of 5
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    VPC doesn't configure anything. It just uses your existing connection. And your mac shouldn't have any trouble connecting the LAN, provided it's normal 802.11b or g.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

I know why even try this, since I have a mac and airport. Well there is a good chance that my work when it upgrades our teleradiology system to broadband/ web based that even though you need MS IE 4+,( 5.2 came with OS X) it won't work on a mac. I would use this 7 days a month, but want out of PC world,(gee wonder why-- !!!!) and get the PB 15, So under VPC would i configure the wireless lan connection just as i did with my work Dell PC?? has anyone out there done that.

You have to admit, that is pretty hard to follow.

• Reply 5 of 5
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    that's because i suffer from "pc psychosis" desperate to get rid of MS and this dell and get to what a computer should be

thanks, so now i wait for the VPC for os X and get the 15