Paris Expo 2003

Comments

• Reply 201 of 278
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I think you might have hit on the answer without realizing: it seems to be they AREN'T.

My question was a rhetorical one.
  • Reply 202 of 278
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    But my answer was real.
  • Reply 203 of 278
    So having seen the screenshot I posted a few replies back, hands up everyone who wants Mac OS X (10.4) to look more like Longhorn!! Anyone...? Hello...? No...?
  • Reply 204 of 278
    Quote:

But my answer was real.

One might say you hit the hammer on the head. I'm not going into details on which head though...
  • Reply 205 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by KANE

One might say you hit the hammer on the head. I'm not going into details on which head though...

OK. Would you then care to tell us what type of hammer?
  • Reply 206 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

OK. Would you then care to tell us what type of hammer?

You wish bad-boy!
  • Reply 207 of 278
    the dock still weirds me out a bit. What about a separate section in new cinema displays (and everything else apple makes) where the dock lives, kinda like this:

(very very quick mockup)

• Reply 208 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

the dock still weirds me out a bit. What about a separate section in new cinema displays (and everything else apple makes) where the dock lives, kinda like this:

(very very quick mockup)

that is simultaneously a TERRIBLE idea, and a brilliant one

problem is, people(apple) like the zoom feature, and the dock effects so having a seperate section of the display for the dock only, limits the dock to just a launcher, no eye candy.
  • Reply 209 of 278
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

(very very quick mockup)

No, sorry, bad idea. Not a bad mockup though.

Completely off topic...have you guys who don't like the dock tried it on the right side of your screen? It's out of the way there in the area that's wasted anyway to the right of the disk and other desktop icons which one would usually want to keep visible anyway; hence, no wasted screen space like there is if it's at the bottom.
  • Reply 210 of 278
    yea it doesn't quite work

Quote:

Originally posted by iDave

It's out of the way there in the area that's wasted anyway to the right of the disk and other desktop icons which one would usually want to keep visible anyway; hence, no wasted screen space like there is if it's at the bottom.

the only thing with this is when your working in say photoshop, thats where all your palettes are.
  • Reply 211 of 278
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    You anti-Dockers do know you can hide it, right? Isn't that an acceptable, fine alternative? It's not even there and doesn't pop up until you purposely put your mouse at the bottom of the screen. It seems to work well.
  • Reply 212 of 278
    Quote:

You anti-Dockers do know you can hide it, right? Isn't that an acceptable, fine alternative? It's not even there and doesn't pop up until you purposely put your mouse at the bottom of the screen. It seems to work well.

the very bottom at that...so it's not like it's easy to accidentally trip it.
  • Reply 213 of 278
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    I always thought the dock should be in the keyboard.

I had an ancient computer once that ran DOS with some graphical shell that wasn't Windows (it was called Activity or something). It had an LCD display in the keyboard, above a row of 8 keys. The keys also had lights in.

It used the keys for various things like copy and paste, and also for jumping between programs. It used the little red light in each key to show the active one, and the display above the keys showed the names.

Amorya
  • Reply 214 of 278
    oops, ignore
  • Reply 216 of 278
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    Stop this anti-doc, it's so cool, when i show it to PC people they gasp, and look at their pissant windboz desktop as same ol same

Keep the doc. ok if panther comes with new anythings can i use the disk to upgrade my 10.2.6 is there an upgrade option or do i have to do a complete install, or custom install.

Here is my prediction--awesome surprises!!!!
  • Reply 217 of 278

these again! awesome

it is Apple Expo not Macworld by the way
  • Reply 218 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

it is Apple Expo not Macworld by the way

oops

Edit: fixed them
  • Reply 219 of 278
  • Reply 220 of 278
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

Stop this anti-doc, it's so cool, when i show it to PC people they gasp, and look at their pissant windboz desktop as same ol same

Its cool at first..but then after time you realize it's not as functional as it could be.