when will panther come installed with new systems?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am a pc user and i am looking to buy the iMac as my next system. i was asking for what the best time to buy was with the price slashes at macmall.com taking place and then someone brought up the fact that version 10.3 was coming out soon and to wait for its release.

My question is when will it come with new systems, is it worth waiting for (or is there a chance that jaguar will be superior to the new version) and do they take away usuall freebies such as the free 512 mb of ram when they make new systems such as wut will be released when panther is included.

any advice would be greatly appreciated. i want a new computer as the one im using is 6 years old and when i buy my imac i'd just like to buy it at the best possible time.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by STL1025

My question is when will it come with new systems, is it worth waiting for (or is there a chance that jaguar will be superior to the new version) and do they take away usuall freebies such as the free 512 mb of ram when they make new systems such as wut will be released when panther is included.

When they announce a ship date, you'll be able to get it with a new system.

Those offers of free ram from some vendors are almost always available. They're usually not exactly free in that they usually charge an installation fee.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    thanx man. that was some of the most helpful info ive been given all day. just showin my appreciation.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by STL1025

thanx man. that was some of the most helpful info ive been given all day. just showin my appreciation.

Don't worry. If you come here for support, you'll get it. No need to hide.