Dual G5 action?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I ordered my Dual G5 from the Education store on August 13. Yesterday (Sunday 9/14) my credit card company called me about a G5-sized charge on my card. I checked my order status online and it hadn't changed (est. ship is on or before 10/24 - ugh).

I called Apple, but customer service was down yesterday for computer upgrades. Today there is still no change on my online order status. I called customer service today and a nessage said there was a 15-minute wait to talk with someone, but I got disconnected after 10 minutes.

A few days after I ordered, I got a call saying that I was being billed for a large charge, but that turned out to be Apple holding the money for my order. I wonder if they're just doing that every month, or if this is real?

Is something going on? Has anyone else noticed any action?

Alex

Edit: I finally got through to Apple and I can answer my own question - it was just an authorization, not a real charge. It will happen periodically until the thing ships.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by arabb

I ordered my Dual G5 from the Education store on August 13. Yesterday (Sunday 9/14) my credit card company called me about a G5-sized charge on my card. I checked my order status online and it hadn't changed (est. ship is on or before 10/24 - ugh).

I called Apple, but customer service was down yesterday for computer upgrades. Today there is still no change on my online order status. I called customer service today and a nessage said there was a 15-minute wait to talk with someone, but I got disconnected after 10 minutes.

A few days after I ordered, I got a call saying that I was being billed for a large charge, but that turned out to be Apple holding the money for my order. I wonder if they're just doing that every month, or if this is real?

Is something going on? Has anyone else noticed any action?

Alex

I just checked my order and my credit card and nothing has changed. My order still shows on or before 10/23. No activity on my credit card.

Edit: I finally got through to Apple and I can answer my own question - it was just an authorization, not a real charge. It will happen periodically until the thing ships.