Dual G5 pushed again

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Originally ordered standard con-fig 6/23 was originally scheduled 8/29.

Pushed to 9/15.

Just now told by Macconection all duals pushed to 9/29.

Im real happy about this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by zoozx27

Pushed to 9/15.

Most were pushed to 9/29 a long time ago. This is nothing new.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    that sucks. 3 months for your computer? I would hate to wait that long. But I guess you knew it would be at least 2 months... Still, sorry to hear it.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Hopefully this just means Apple is prioritizing their own orders.

3-8 bus. days according to that email....
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Uh oh, if you configure a stock dual 2gig G5 on Apples website it quotes a 3-5 week delivery.

Only a few days ago it was something like two weeks.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    Quote:

Originally posted by coolmac

Uh oh, if you configure a stock dual 2gig G5 on Apples website it quotes a 3-5 week delivery.

Only a few days ago it was something like two weeks.

That was probably a mistake. Do you really think orders placed 9/1 would ship at the same time as 6/23 orders and before 8/1 orders?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by zoozx27

Pushed to 9/15.

I placed an order with Macconnection as well, and I called them twice today. The ETA (which has been the ETA for the past 10 days) is 9/19. The first call I placed was late this afternoon, and customer service said that Apple is telling their buyers 9/19. The second call was placed at midnight (Thursday morning), and the sales rep ALSO stated 9/19. They have 450+ on backorder, and they are expecting 800 units in by the 19th.

Further, my order was placed on 8/14, so you must be pretty high up on the list. No one has told me anything other than 9/19, so hopefully that date will stay etched in stone.

One last thing - I live near CDW. They are expecting their first shipment by Friday, and another larger shipment the following week. They just purchased MicroWarehouse, making them the biggest mail order vendor of Macs, bar none.

So, they're on their way, sooner than we all think.

8)
  • Reply 7 of 14

I chuckled when I saw this and had to share it.

(Courtesy of MacEdition via the MacNN forum.)
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by macgmk

I placed an order with Macconnection as well, and I called them twice today. The ETA (which has been the ETA for the past 10 days) is 9/19. The first call I placed was late this afternoon, and customer service said that Apple is telling their buyers 9/19. The second call was placed at midnight (Thursday morning), and the sales rep ALSO stated 9/19. They have 450+ on backorder, and they are expecting 800 units in by the 19th.

Further, my order was placed on 8/14, so you must be pretty high up on the list. No one has told me anything other than 9/19, so hopefully that date will stay etched in stone.

One last thing - I live near CDW. They are expecting their first shipment by Friday, and another larger shipment the following week. They just purchased MicroWarehouse, making them the biggest mail order vendor of Macs, bar none.

So, they're on their way, sooner than we all think.

8)

ETA at MacConnection as of today STILL stands at 9/19. Hopefully this will not change.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    They should send the parts and let new G5 owners build the machines themselves.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dog Almighty

They should send the parts and let new G5 owners build the machines themselves.

This makes perfect sense, except that for $3K, I expect a fully put-together 'puter...
  • Reply 11 of 14
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    It seems that the dualies are starting to arrive:

http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showph...t=1&thecat=500
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by bka77

It seems that the dualies are starting to arrive:

http://www.spymac.com/gallery/showph...t=1&thecat=500

Whoa! That sucker's got a full 8 gigs of RAM. How 'bout them apples?
  • Reply 13 of 14
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    That's not all, you should check the picture from his desk:

- two 23" Cinema HD Displays

- Power Mac G4 Dual 1.42GHz 2GB RAM

- 12" Power Book

- 15" Power Book

- 17" Power Book

- Airport Extreme

- iSight

• Reply 14 of 14
    I was billed today (09/15/03) for my dual 2Ghz backordered from 07/06/03.

That would put it on schedule to make the estimated 09/22/03 shipping date quoted on my order status.