Arts/PA Banner killing browser

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Anybody else finding this? The ads load, then Camino hangs with the loading 'progress' bar almost finished.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    This new wave of ads are causing all kinds of havoc for me too. 90% of the threads I try to read don't open. (I had to reload this page 3 times just to post this response!) Also some of the ads are flash. That bugs me because you can program flash to send stats back to the ad server using a mouseover script.

"Sucks to you ass-mar!"
  • Reply 2 of 9
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Guys... Can you be more specific on the ads? I'll get rid of them asap. However, we are getting hammered today because of the expo... It may just be that our servers are maxxed... Is this a possibility?

Cheers,

Kasper
  • Reply 3 of 9
    this is particularly nasty
  • Reply 4 of 9
    It is the flash version of the visit PA ad, it just did it to me again, now and this morning too. It stops the browser from loading the rest of the page, so I have to click reload.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Man 020581

It is the flash version of the visit PA ad, it just did it to me again, now and this morning too. It stops the browser from loading the rest of the page, so I have to click reload.

Gone from the rotation (may take an hour to reflect on site. Sorry about that. The ridiculous 'Winner' one is gone as well.

If you guys have anymore problems please take a Screenshot of the ad (command-shift-4) then drag to make the little box... ya know... and post it here.

Unfortunately, some of the ad affiliates we work with ad new campaigns and they are turned on by default. So it is up to me to shut them off.

Cheers,

-K
  • Reply 6 of 9
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    get pithhelmet it helped me

take a look at this post area it gives a link to the site

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...9&goto=newpost
  • Reply 7 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    With OmniWeb I don't even realize that there are ads.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kasper

Gone from the rotation (may take an hour to reflect on site. Sorry about that. The ridiculous 'Winner' one is gone as well.

If you guys have anymore problems please take a Screenshot of the ad (command-shift-4) then drag to make the little box... ya know... and post it here.

Unfortunately, some of the ad affiliates we work with add new campaigns and they are turned on by default. So it is up to me to shut them off.

Cheers,

-K

Thanks Kasper!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Kaspar, you the man.

(and thanks for fixing that AI gif link as well)