Ever wonder what your pets dream about?

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
some days, when i am working at the computer, my dog will come in and plop down on the floor next to me and go to sleep. within a few minutes, she'll be sniffing, pawing a little, sometimes a muffled little bark. cutest thing i have ever seen. i can only imagine she's just dreaming she's in a field somewhere, where she gets to chase squirrels to her heart's content.

anyway, just thought i would share that little moment.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    My dog's paws wiggle while he dreams sometimes. He does the muffled bark thing to...sort of a "uf-uf-uf-oof" sound.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Ahhhh, that's cute Rok. I really miss having a dog around the house. Mine sadly departed a couple of years ago but I used to love watching her sleeping, twitching and then slowly waking up! I think she used to have nightmares sometimes too (maybe it was the squirrels revenge!)
  • Reply 3 of 15
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Yeah. I've had dogs all my life ( I have 2 now ) and they all seem to do funny things in their sleep like " wo, wo, wo "! Or moving their feet like running. I remember a friend commenting one time while we were watching his dog sleep and go through the chase motions that you could almost see the dream ballon in front of him with a squirrel running away.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

My dog's paws wiggle while he dreams sometimes. He does the muffled bark thing to...sort of a "uf-uf-uf-oof" sound.

Oh man... my dog totally does this. Every freakin' night.

It's almost like she is scared of something in her dreams, because the little muffled barks sound almost like yelping (like when you step on a dog's foot by accident - the worst). Once in a while you can tell she's chasing a rabbit or something because her muffled bark thing is really stern and aggressive... and the woof pattern is the same as when she sees another animal she doesn't like.

Dogs rule.

• Reply 5 of 15
    I think my cockatoo dreams of chewing up all of the furniture in the house.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Whenever I observe a dog having bad dream effects, I imagine he is dreaming something like you are being attacked by wild dogs, and he is powerless to stop them and protect you. ...or maybe it is some seperation anxiety provoking kind of dream?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Both of my kitties have dreams all the time
  • Reply 8 of 15
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    My cats are dreaming a lot : most of their dreams are hunting relative.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

My cats are dreaming a lot : most of their dreams are hunting relative.

My trouser~snake dreams of beautiful women..
  • Reply 10 of 15
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mars

I think my cockatoo dreams of chewing up all of the furniture in the house.

Same here! I have a pair of cockatiels. Whenever they sleep, they're always grinding their beaks involuntarily. Actually, I've heard that many birds have "hemispheric sleep," where one half of the brain can sleep while the other remains awake in case of danger.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

Well, it means that you are in good health
  • Reply 12 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

lmfao
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Sex, just like me.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Seen that bear stuck in a tree + trampoline footage? Kilborn keeps showing it on his show, so I recorded it...

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~ceugene/adm/trampoline.mov

I wonder what he was dreaming of...
  • Reply 15 of 15
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Well, it means that you are in good health

Thanx Doc....