Trade in 1 gh 17" PB for 1.33, or just take the money?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Just bought my 17" PB on Friday (Sept. 11) and have six days to trade it in for the 1.33 gh PB. Apple owes me the difference of the price because I bought it less than ten days ago. I will have to pay restocking fee, about $300, but the new model is $300 less anyway. Should I just take the money?? Are the upgrades worth it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I would get the new model especially if you don't have to pay extra for it. For me it would be a no brainer.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Yeah...trade it in, MUCH better Graphics card and 333 Mhz of speed!!!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Yea, I just wanted some input. I love this thing already. 17"!!!!!!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by filmmaker2002

... and 333 Mhz of speed!!!

The difference between the speed of your laptops is what I use every day.

I would go for the upgrade.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Do you still have to pay a restocking, fee even if Apple replaces the the computer 10 days or less after you purchased it?

H'm I think I'd argue about that, not saying you'll get any where but I'd try.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Tried, and asked BEFORE I purchased, knowing an upgrade was coming. The restocking fee applies because I am actually RETURNING, then purchasing the new, which sucks.

Trade straight up or get a $400 check from apple, which will help pay off the loan that I got to buy the computer...

Hmmm...

Or use the $400 for a digital camera or new Lacie Data Bank or a CRT monitor...