Audio Cassette to CD?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
An elderly lady in my department at the office asked me if I could transfer an old audio cassette she has to a CD. Apparently, the cassette is of an old time radio show that aired on a local radio station a while back. Is there any way to do this for her? Thanks for your input!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    1. find cassette deck.

2. hook audio out from cassette to audio in on your mac.

3. record.

4. burn to cd.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    pesi: Thanks. Yes....I'm an idiot sometimes. Just checked the jacks and so that is what the one was on the end next to the headphone jack is for. One or two last stupid questions: The only jacks I have on my cassette deck are the old "RCA-type" ones. Is there an adapter available to take the audio from my jacks to the iMac line-in jack? The only cables I have have the "RCA-type" plugs on the ends. Or do I just need to get into the year 2003 and get a new cassette deck? Also, when importing the cassette, it would go right into iTunes or a separate file/program? Thanks for all your help and I promise these are the last stupid questions for the night....Have a good one and thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    What's the best way to record LP's to the Mac, then to CD?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    you can find a cable that will go from RCA jacks to the mini jack on your mac at just about any radio shack.

as for a recording program... iTunes won't do it. search versiontracker for audio programs. i forget what sim0ple recording stuff is out there right now.

as for LPs... it's going to be pretty much the same. however, the actual connection will be somewhat different since turnables generally use "phono" jacks... which look like RCA jacks but are different... the phono jacks need to be run through an amp (phono amp, tuner, whatever) before being hooked up to the mac.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by pesi

you can find a cable that will go from RCA jacks to the mini jack on your mac at just about any radio shack.

as for a recording program... iTunes won't do it. search versiontracker for audio programs. i forget what sim0ple recording stuff is out there right now.

as for LPs... it's going to be pretty much the same. however, the actual connection will be somewhat different since turnables generally use "phono" jacks... which look like RCA jacks but are different... the phono jacks need to be run through an amp (phono amp, tuner, whatever) before being hooked up to the mac.

Ah, I do have an amp handy. Thank you, very much.