Apple Store down...should we expect a surprise tomorrow???

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just went to Apple.com and I see that their store is under work...why?G5's anyone...LOL

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Yes. "LOL." ...

Lock this thread. Please.

-DisgruntledQS733Owner
  • Reply 2 of 14
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    [quote] Lock this thread. Please. <hr></blockquote>

Why? Seems like a fair question to me. Apple only takes the store site down to make changes... What could they be adding this close to MWNY?

(Come to think of it, they may be taking mention of the display rebates off the site-- they're set to expire on the 30th...)
    mrjess098
  • Reply 3 of 14
    vvedgevvedge Posts: 41member
    maybe cuz its june 30th (almost) and they have to take off things that relate to promos ending today?

(beat me to it gamblor, if only i didnt have to get my lost login )

[ 06-29-2002: Message edited by: vvedge ]</p>
    mrjess098
  • Reply 4 of 14
    reynardreynard Posts: 160member
    It's been down before without any major changes forthcoming. Its not a G5 for many reasons. Only the least of which MacWorld is near.

By the way, Disgruntled, why are you so? I bought my 733 about 5 months ago. Its not perfect but Id like to know its weaknesses if youve found them.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Speed bumps for the iMac?

That's the only product I can see being updated this soon to MWNY.

The laptops were bumped recently and the PowerMacs will undoubtedly be left for MWNY.

Or it could be just some minor housekeeping of the site.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    lexloplexlop Posts: 7member
    G5's just a joke or wishful thinking...I think it's more feesable to expecvt specials to be updated.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Hasn't it been an hour yet?

• Reply 8 of 14
    blizaineblizaine Posts: 239member
    I bet it's down so they can put a "New" icon over the PowerMac pic, so they don't have to update it at MWNY.

j/k
  • Reply 9 of 14
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    some of my sent mac.com email has been tied up for 4 hours, problem with their server they told me.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by Bigc:

<strong>some of my sent mac.com email has been tied up for 4 hours, problem with their server they told me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Poor little Umax S900 they have running the Store and serving as mail server???they are running all of that on the same machine still aren't they?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    bigcbigc Posts: 1,224member
    yeah new I shouldn't tried loading em up with 4 emails at a time
  • Reply 12 of 14
    I am betting it is a price cut on iMacs to help clear the channel before MWNY.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    gamblorgamblor Posts: 446member
    [quote] Hasn't it been an hour yet?

<hr></blockquote>

Yeah-- maybe the operator fell asleep.