MSN Messenger keeps dropping connection..

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
10.2.6 / MDD 2x1.4 / 100baseT LAN connection over satellite

yet messenger drops connections every 5 - 10 mins.

stays up all day long on the PC next to it tho .

any ideas why?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    what version are you using, when using a previous version it used to drop out for me too but it's been OK since about version 2.5 i think. I'm using v3.5

If you're on the latest version try out Proteus or Fire and see if they have the same problem using MSN.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Oh yeah i'm using a modem, I was on Virgin dial-up, now using NTL. Virgin used to be shoddy has since improved and the old version of MSN over the Virgin connection was very annoying.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    both iChat and MSN have been crapping out on me lately.

connection wise that is.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robust

both iChat and MSN have been crapping out on me lately.

connection wise that is.

Heh.Yeah. MS has sorta neglected MSNM for the Mac featurewise... I think that if they add in the video and voice chatting it would be a much better program.... and it would make it easier for switchers to keep in contact with their windows friends..... come to think of it.. not even AIM has voice chatting for os x yet.. I find that sorta sad... but AOL and MS are the two companies I sorta dislike for their slowness at upgrading their software...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    3.5 ... could it perhaps be the network ?? pity, cos my PC is behind me and has no speakers