iPod shipping issues?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have a order for a 40gig iPod that shipped last saturday, with a 2 day expedited shipping via Airborne Express. It should have arrived yesterday, but I guess Airborne either lost it or it got changed to ground shipping. I guess I'll see in a day or two what happens...

Anyone have shipping issues like this as the Apple rep that refunded my $8 expedited shipping charge said there has been a few with this issue... any ideas or experience?

Gracias!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    My third iPod arrived in 3 days (that was with engraving).
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Just got an update from Airborne... looks like it's stuck in customs. No word on when it will clear... eeeehhh! Just a little frustrating!
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by kyogen

Just got an update from Airborne... looks like it's stuck in customs. No word on when it will clear... eeeehhh! Just a little frustrating!

You think *that's* frustrating? I ordered a 10G iPod in mid-August (16th, if I'm not mistaken), from EMJ Data Systems, and I've barely heard anything! (I've ordered it, but I won't purchase it until I'm able to give them cash and pick it up at the same time). Apparently, they haven't even filled in orders from JULY! I'm #51 on the list!

... *that*'s frustrating...

I can't even buy it elsewhere since I got my iBook from them, and I want my $450 CAD rebate
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Phroggy

I can't even buy it elsewhere since I got my iBook from them, and I want my $450 CAD rebate [/B]

Crikey pal! That's nasty... how does a company like that stay in biz? I certainly wouldn't give them any of mine... "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"... \
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by kyogen

how does a company like that stay in biz?

I've no idea I understand they mainly handle high-volume orders (offices, schools, etc..)... maybe they just don't buy into this whole "customer satisfaction" fad... ah well

(I want my iPod.)
  • Reply 6 of 11
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Where does all this stuff come from? My HP 5150 seems to have started out in Harrisburg according to Fed-Ex tracking. Will my iPod and PowerBook start from there? Haha I doubt it but it would be nice.

Also does Fed-Ex deliver on weekends?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Nevermind, after looking on the shipping stamp I see it came from Jonestown, PA. Hopefully my iPod and PBook will come from there too as it only takes 1 day with Fed-Ex to get stuff from there to here.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Nevermind, after looking on the shipping stamp I see it came from Jonestown, PA. Hopefully my iPod and PBook will come from there too as it only takes 1 day with Fed-Ex to get stuff from there to here.

I think iPods and PowerBooks are flown in from Taiwan.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    indeed -- new powerbooks ship from taipei (when you track the order online)
  • Reply 10 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I think iPods and PowerBooks are flown in from Taiwan.

Arg! It seems like that as I just got tracking on my iPod and it says it was just picked up by Airborne from Shanghai China.

So haha...I guess I am looking at the full 5 days to get my iPod and PBook once it ships huh?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    My PowerBook flew up from California. I had a frustrating time with it too, the iPod and printer made it here on a Friday but my PowerBook was held up until the following Monday. Made for a really great weekend staring at the damn iPod and printer boxes. \