I Know it's a Long Shot....but....?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Does anyone know of a 3rd party " themes manager " for OS-8 ?

I appreciate the "themes manager was intro-ed with 8.5 but I want to add that same spec to my old 68k work horse...

Anyone out ther think of a link ? .....or dare I say it a resedit "hack "of sorts...

Mods :

be nice..this is not a " LOCKABLE hack hack..but a little semi official ( since is resedit )" Hacky-Sack request....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    You just want Aqua, huh?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Have you looked into Kaleidoscope? I think there are quite a few OS X themes for that.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Kaleidoscope is great... my 68K macs are very happy with it.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

Kaleidoscope is great... my 68K macs are very happy with it.

Aqua

But not just any old Aqua..

I am running kaleidoscope Aqua & it isn't a patch on this version by Ben Mackin.

http://www.macosr.com/php/query/file...le=th_aqua.sit

It has all the bells and whistles including aqua folders, hrd-disk image..and metal trash can....

The thing is it's a "theme" that goes into the Appearance manager " control panel..

Hence my enquiry as to a matching Appearance Manager for OS-8 run on a 68K mac..

PS I am running it on my imac OS-9 ...looks real good.

PPS ..if you want to download it..go ahead..but be discreet about who you tell as I'd hate to have Apple close it down.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    Appearance Manager does not exist for Mac OS 8; if you want to use it that bad, just upgrade to OS 9.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wmf

Appearance Manager does not exist for Mac OS 8; if you want to use it that bad, just upgrade to OS 9.

Actually Appearance (textures only ) did exist for OS-8 but the " thematic function " originally beta tested within an OS-8 enviro was held over for the OS 8.5...& PPC.

OS-9 for a 68K Mac....I dooont think so....